Thread: Using Flash with multiple exposures

Using Flash with multiple exposures

While at airshow this year I had the task of taking a few shots for the Warrior Demo Team. The problem was it was sunset on Sunday and my feet hurt so bad I could not run. I shot as the sun was going down and needed a 10 second shutter. The problem was that my 2 flashes take 8 seconds to recycle. That left me with only enough time to flash 1 airplane! The key is you can take 1 picture flashing 1 aircraft and a second picture of the second aircraft. In Photoshop, put the two photos together and choose blend mode LIGHTEN. POP, the image looks as if you had more help with more flashes!

In this shot below I popped the airplane, then in the second shot I popped the truck and then I popped my friend. 3 shots for one image or I would have needed 6 flashes and more friends to hold the flashes.

Just trying to create inspiration.... Any takers to try this type of photography?
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-07-04 at 05:20 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

GREAT STUFF Fred... very nicely done. You need to give us a class on flash popping and exposure! ;-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS