Thread: Dutch Authorities Covered Up Cause of 1992 Martinair DC-10 Crash in Portugal: Report

Post Dutch Authorities Covered Up Cause of 1992 Martinair DC-10 Crash in Portugal: Report

NYCAviation:
    Dutch Authorities Covered Up Cause of 1992 Martinair DC-10 Crash in Portugal: Report

The real cause of a 1992 Martinair plane crash in Portugal was covered up and was actually caused by pilot error rather than bad weather conditions, according to a new report published on Monday.
    [Click to Read Full Article]

With it having been this long, it's a wonder this came out at all. I'd love to see the CVR and FDR data in order to form any kind of opinion about this, otherwise it's too close to call- sounds like the weather was complete ****e no matter which way you dice it

Wow, and we thought it was the weather... It's sad that they lied to us all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamu737 View Post
    Wow, and we thought it was the weather... It's sad that they lied to us all these years.
    That doesnt mean they were lied to us.. It wasnt clear for along time what happened with the crash.. Weather from what i heard back then was blame as it was stated back then.. But again I could be wrong
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Given that weather has the potential for adverse affects on ADM(aeronautical decision making), I'm sure it was a combination of the two but again, always easier to speculate from behind a keyboard than if we had the hard data.