JFK 04/14 Morning

First Catch of the day at 6:45

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Re: JFK 04/14 Morning

Nice shots Eric,
    You didn't waste anytime getting those planes.

Senga

Great shots Eric! Looked like a nice morning!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Love the Air India strobes shot, and that DHL is just a ton of yellow.

These are amazing, love the Cathay and Air India shots best.

I don't think I've seen LAN with winglets before. Is that something new?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I don't think I've seen LAN with winglets before. Is that something new?

Matt, it was around at least since when I visited for the UN gen. assembly. We saw it landing on 22L from the park which looks like the same spot these were taken from.

thanks guys.....
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Nice catch on DC8 DHL Eric !!
    Living The Dream...

NLovis

I got a few keepers. None are edited. First say hello to my big friend :mrgreen:

Finally #1

Finally #2 and a good one at that. Better if the crap wasnt there though.

Nick, hope you take this in a good way, these are suggestions to help you improve.
    First pic: Good idea, but light is in the wrong direction. Your subject is backlit, and it's also tilting down to the right. If you are just uploading prints, that's an easy fix in any photo editing program. The backlit situation cannot be fixed.

#2 & #3; good concept, light is in a good spot, but subject is in the distance. I know you have limitations there, so I'm not going to bust your shoes over that.

#4 Cargoitalia, this could have been a nice shot, it's too bad all that crap is in front of the aircraft, same with the Southern Air 743's. Light will be even better later in the afternoon, but, I'm sure you took these when you could.

The Air Force Gulfstream, here is a good example of shoot it if it's rare even if the light sucks. I'm sure you probably shot while you were working, so you probably could not get a better angle. However, if you could have been on the other side, this would have a much stronger shot.

Finally the AA MD80...Sigh...I guess you have that attraction to those aircraft. To me that's just a bad angle for that aircraft, and the way the sun is hitting it, the shiny aluminum is way overexposed in spots.

So all in all, a good set of shots, looks like you are listening to what we are saying and improving. Keep it up, you'll get there.

John

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Nick, hope you take this in a good way, these are suggestions to help you improve.
    First pic: Good idea, but light is in the wrong direction. Your subject is backlit, and it's also tilting down to the right. If you are just uploading prints, that's an easy fix in any photo editing program. The backlit situation cannot be fixed.

#2 & #3; good concept, light is in a good spot, but subject is in the distance. I know you have limitations there, so I'm not going to bust your shoes over that.

#4 Cargoitalia, this could have been a nice shot, it's too bad all that crap is in front of the aircraft, same with the Southern Air 743's. Light will be even better later in the afternoon, but, I'm sure you took these when you could.

The Air Force Gulfstream, here is a good example of shoot it if it's rare even if the light sucks. I'm sure you probably shot while you were working, so you probably could not get a better angle. However, if you could have been on the other side, this would have a much stronger shot.

Finally the AA MD80...Sigh...I guess you have that attraction to those aircraft. To me that's just a bad angle for that aircraft, and the way the sun is hitting it, the shiny aluminum is way overexposed in spots.

So all in all, a good set of shots, looks like you are listening to what we are saying and improving. Keep it up, you'll get there.

John
    Yea. In order for me to get to the other side i need to drive a little ways. Most of these shots were just get em types cause i've been after them for awhile. But yea work in progress. Also be sure i'll have alot of different shots with the LCF in town tomorrow. Shes quick turning after fueling so comming in, fueling, see ya later. Note I have more but they came out bad. Had a really really good shot of N740CK but somehow it exposed too early so its messed up. Rats!

Nick, unless your goals are to upload to JetPhotos, your shots are fine for basic, documenting photos. You made no horrible photographic errors. The shots show the full subject in a level, undamaged photo. The AF one sacrificed a little, but it was a unique subject so that's ok. The only one I'd not have posted is the MD-80.

Don't let it get to your head. ;)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Eric good grab on the DHL Diesel 8! Ive been chasing this one for some time

Nick: Your shots didnt come out too bad this time, I believe those shots of the EV 747s would have been totaly nice if they wasnt backlit.. But as for the landing shots like the AA MD-80 and AF Gulfstream, you just gotta work on the cropping,, As John said, those are distance shots.. If you dont have photoshop, to crop just dont forget, you can use windows gallery to crop and fix your exposures and all,, Thats the way I started.. But I would still look into an SLR.. The SLR gets a bit tricky to get a hang with compare to the camera you are using but it gets fun.. Dont think im getting all nasty about it but im giving you good advice like everyone else is...
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Great stuff Eric. The DHL is a gem rarely seen in daylight other than chocked and plugged at JFK. Nick, I echo everyone else. The USAF G550 is a great capture though. She is based at MacDill AFB if I am not mistaken down in Tampa/St. Pete.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"