Thread: PHOTOS: BWI 12/27/09-12/28/09

PHOTOS: BWI 12/27/09-12/28/09

Two of my better days at BWI. Runway 33L was closed from about noon-3pm on Sunday, so I drove off to catch the arrivals on 28. When they reopened 33L, one of the first arrivals was Colts 1, and I mistakenly grabbed my 7D + 100-400mm (instead of the 1DM3 + 70-200mm), since I was just using it for the longer focal length for 28. I had a slow sinking feeling when I hit the 100mm end and couldn't zoom out any more for the straight side-on shot :shock: Luckily, I got in a few quarter shots. So, there are times when two cameras aren't better than one!

Other highlights included an ATI DC-8, the Dallas Cowboys G5 (N1DC), Southwest "Go Green", 2000th 737NG, California One (again), Silver (blue) One, and a World Cargo MD-11F. And shortly after sunset, a nice surprise - the Joe Gibbs Racing Saab 2000 (N519JG). I was going to leave the airport prior to that, but heard approach mistakenly mention an aircraft type of "Sabreliner", and I wanted to see what it was.

Monday was slower...no AirTran sports planes, but I finally saw Illinois One for the first time (in bad light). I was hoping it would make a short hop and come back during better light, and not only did it do that, but I got an added surprise with it :) Anyone know what type of birds those are? They were moving around in a big starling-type flock, but all the starlings I've seen are black. Other catches were WN Tinkerbell, Slam Dunk, Shamu, MarkonAirTran, and a North American 763.

I don't have all of my photos (or brain power) with me right now, so I will just link to what I have and update with more pics/info later:

Cary
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Re: PHOTOS: BWI 12/27/09-12/28/09

The pictures are of great quality. I love the MD-11
    Kind Regards, Pierre
    EQP: Nikon D90 - 300F4 - 18-105 VR F/3,5

Re: PHOTOS: BWI 12/27/09-12/28/09

Lovely shots Cary!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com