Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIP at LGA Today?

VIP at LGA Today?

I was just leaving LGA and saw Port Police blocking off the roads as a VIP came in. Short motorcade, but one of the SUVs had the back window open with an armed gentleman keeping watch....so the VIP must have been somewhat important.

Gen Av parking looked pretty full, but nothing really stood out.

Anyone know?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: VIP at LGA Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I was just leaving LGA and saw Port Police blocking off the roads as a VIP came in. Short motorcade, but one of the SUVs had the back window open with an armed gentleman keeping watch....so the VIP must have been somewhat important.

Gen Av parking looked pretty full, but nothing really stood out.

Anyone know?
    this happened around noon?

Yep, little a couple minutes after. I got out of class at 12 on the dot and left the MAT area immediately, where I saw the 'cade.

it was the FLOTUS
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

one of the SUVs had the back window open with an armed gentleman keeping watch
    I love those guys. It always invigorates your day to be waiting to cross a street in Manhattan while a VIP motorcade goes by and seeing an angry looking guy peeking out a rear passenger window pointing an M16 at you.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

C-9A was parked on the E ramp when i pulled into the lot, PAPD was just starting to pop up at all the intersections when i was driving in for a 1200 meeting. this happened around 1140 or so.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Wow, I missed a C-9?

After I saw the motorcade, I gassed up ($1.99!) on Astoria Blvd for about 5 minutes before driving back towards the GCP. I guess the C-9 was gone already.

Wow, I missed a C-9?
    she wasn't visible from where you were phil. she was parked behind the employee parking lot on the "E" ramp, the same one where kids day has been held in recent years. i have no idea what time she departed though. i stopped in the office for about 15 min before heading downstairs and didn't see her moving yet. my guess is she left sometime after 1215.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    one of the SUVs had the back window open with an armed gentleman keeping watch
    I love those guys. It always invigorates your day to be waiting to cross a street in Manhattan while a VIP motorcade goes by and seeing an angry looking guy peeking out a rear passenger window pointing an M16 at you.
    Mmmm, I've seen numerous motorcades over the years and never have seen angry guys pointing weapons at people.
    Intense looking agents without a doubt since that is their job. And I believe the M-16 isnt the heavy weapon of choice
    of the USSS.

From my own encounter, he didn't look angry and I could not see his weapon...although I know what his job is. My guess would be that he had a G36. or M4. I assume they would need something with decent power and accurate at medium range.

M4 w/ACOG. I'm good.

Phil do ya think ya got a little too close? LOL!! I wouldnt mess with those guys. In fact in the middle pic it looks like they are eye-balling you big time.

M4 w/ACOG. I'm good.
    M4 yes. ACOG no. that looks more like an Aimpoint sight:

http://www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s?id=4...&product_id=20

what i don't get is why he has an infrared illuminator on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Phil do ya think ya got a little too close? LOL!! I wouldnt mess with those guys. In fact in the middle pic it looks like they are eye-balling you big time.
    I didn't take those. I found them on the internet. I don't know how well he'd have taken my aiming a canon at him. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    M4 yes. ACOG no. that looks more like an Aimpoint sight:

http://www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s?id=4...&product_id=20

what i don't get is why he has an infrared illuminator on it...
    Good call on the aimpoint. I admit I am not too familiar with optics and scopes.

I didn't take those. I found them on the internet. I don't know how well he'd have taken my aiming a canon at him.
    it's a good thing you didn't. in that second shot the photographer had been spotted. the rear-facing agent was already cocking his rifle while the two in the back seat are looking back to identify the threat.

on a side note i was wrong, it's not a infrared but a laser aiming device attached to the barrel.