Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Kalitta 747 crashes

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Another Kalitta 747 crashes

News reports indicate that a Kalitta Air 747 crashed in Bogota, Colombia. The aircraft apparently suffered an engine failure during take-off. The flight crew decided to divert back to the airport but never made it. The aircaft crashed on approach killing two people on the ground. All members of the flight crew were rescued.

http://colombiareports.com/2008/07/07/a ... ar-bogota/
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Re: Another Kalitta 747 crashes

Wow, not a good year for the Kalitta family.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

WOW.... Kalitta is really having a bad year... Wouldn't be surprised if their MX program is looked into now. Two crashes this close to each other, something is up or these planes are simply becoming to old to fly.

Wow.... Very sad for the Kalittas.

I dont think it is the age of their planes or the maintenance program, both are top-notch. It is probably just an unlucky turn of events.
    nwa FOREVER!

Seems to be the N714CK
    See:
    My photos at Jetphotos.net
    Joop Stroes @ Jetphotos
    My photos at Airliners.net
    Joop Stroes @ Airliners.net

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Jesus Christ what a bad stretch for that family.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    I dont think it is the age of their planes or the maintenance program, both are top-notch.
    You know this how? This plane was 27 years old.

Just a sad situation. How much tragedy must one family endure?

Quote Originally Posted by njgtr82
    I dont think it is the age of their planes or the maintenance program, both are top-notch.
    Kalitta is based at Willow Run, Michigan. I know a few of their mechanics, and believe me they know their stuff. Just like NW's DC-9's their 747-200's are well maintained.
    nwa FOREVER!

Kalitta is based at Willow Run, Michigan. I know a few of their mechanics, and believe me they know their stuff. Just like NW's DC-9's their 747-200's are well maintained.
    But you knowing so much about aircraft maintenance would know who know's their stuff and could spot a shady operation a mile away right? Get real, you know absolutely nothing about it and should keep stuff like that to yourself. I'm not saying I do, because I don't. And neither do you.

But you knowing so much about aircraft maintenance would know who know's their stuff and could spot a shady operation a mile away right? Get real, you know absolutely nothing about it and should keep stuff like that to yourself. I'm not saying I do, because I don't. And neither do you.
    Whoa..... No need to spaz on me. If you look I didn't state "It is NOT the age or maintenance" I said "I don't think" I am allowed to hold an opinion, and I feel that the men and woman of the Kalitta operations are very professional. I did not say that isn't what caused it, I said I don't THINK it was the cause. I think it is just another accident, things happen (but then again, i'm not an expert so I am not allowed to have an opinion, right?)

You seriously need to take a chill pill, I have seen people say much more outlandish things on here (like NW is actually trying to cause accidents with their DC-9's so they can get the insurance write-off).... So please back off!

I don't know you personally, nor am I an expert in aircraft maintenance (faaaar from it), but I think it was a perfectly fair assessment and thought!
    nwa FOREVER!

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Here is a video of the crash site. I still wonder how all 8 crew members survived after watching this video.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/ ... nnSTCVideo
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

More oddity: Two crashes by two small airlines based at the same small Michigan airport in two Latin American countries in two days. (The USA Jet DC-9 that crashed in Mexico yesterday was also based at YIP.)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Wow, look at the video... its upside down. Can you imagine rolling over in a 747?

Whoa..... No need to spaz on me. If you look I didn't state "It is NOT the age or maintenance" I said "I don't think" I am allowed to hold an opinion, and I feel that the men and woman of the Kalitta operations are very professional. I did not say that isn't what caused it, I said I don't THINK it was the cause. I think it is just another accident, things happen (but then again, i'm not an expert so I am not allowed to have an opinion, right?)

You seriously need to take a chill pill, I have seen people say much more outlandish things on here (like NW is actually trying to cause accidents with their DC-9's so they can get the insurance write-off).... So please back off!

I don't know you personally, nor am I an expert in aircraft maintenance (faaaar from it), but I think it was a perfectly fair assessment and thought!
    My point is you have zero knowledge of this aircraft, Kalitta's maintenance program, or the maintenance it has received. But you go as far as calling it "top notch." How? I can't make any type of opinion about something I know nothing about. But again, you wouldn't know proper maintenance if you saw it firsthand, so how you can make this statement is beyond me. Also other people making false stupid comments has nothing to do with this. Maybe you should have pointed it out to them how inappropriate it was if you felt it was so incorrect.