Thread: DL MD-90s to LGA or JFK??

DL MD-90s to LGA or JFK??

Ive been wondering about this for some time now is there any chance that we will see DLs MD-90s at either LGA or JFK in the future?... Ive been dying to see one at one of these airports for a long time now
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Re: DL MD-90s to LGA or JFK??

Very simple.......No. They run exclusively out of SLC to Western Cities.

When DL still had a DFW hub they used to fly them DCA-DFW, thats about as close as I can remember them being to here on a scheduled basis. Also I remember one in LGA once on an Equipment sub around 10-12 years ago, I have no photo of same.

Cheers

LGA777

I bet we will, the MD80s are going to be forced out of service in the next few years and DAL might replace them with the MD90 on frequent flights like JFK-FLL. It would also be practical for them to do that because from what I understand their fleet of MD90's have PTV's, which will help them gain a little ground in the competition with jetblue.

No, according to seat guru:

For all classes, there are lcd video screens that drop from the ceiling every few rows. Movies are played on flights longer than 4 hours. In Economy, you'll need the special double prong headphone adapter to use your own headphones. If you need to purchase headphones the cost is $2.
    Movie Listings
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_ ... _MD-90.php
    nwa FOREVER!

We get the MD-90's here in DTW.

DL740 SLC-DTW MD-90: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL7 ... /KSLC/KDTW
    DL1494 ATL-DTW MD-90: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1494
    DL1824 SLC-DTW MD-90: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1824

and looks like DL842 (ATL-DTW) had a subbed MD-90 for a MD-88 today actually.
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i recall seeing an MD-90 on an equipment sub but i don't think it was a DAL bird. i can't remember when this was, though i was already here in NYC and in school so it was fairly recently. i think futterman has a picture.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I just flew on an MD-90 yesterday from LAX-SLC on DL1128 N901DA (look for videos on jetvideos.net in the next week or two) and I can confirm that they do not have PTV's at every seat. They have drop-down LCD's from the overhead bins similar to the 738 every couple of rows. I also would love to see the MD-90 do some east coast routes, but the fact is that they serve their hot & high missions from SLC and the west coast very well and will probably remain there for a while. I agree though, it would make sense to replace some heavy MD-80 routes ala NYC-FLA with MD-90's if the 80's start to get phased out. I suspect this will not happen until an aircraft with similar or better performance is found to replace the SLC missions. My connecting flight SLC-JFK on the 738 had a wicked long takeoff roll, so I'm willing to bet a replacement for the MD-90 on those missions is far off.
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

There are a couple operating from Atlanta, but most are out in SLC.

I flew SLC-DFW on one in January. They're not much different than the MD88's except that for some reason the seat belts are smaller. It's the only time I've had to ask for an extender belt. Even the C172 I flew over DM and Pinal in last week had a big enough seat belt!