Thread: Blimp Sightings

Blimp Sightings

I have spotted an all-white blimp daily flying over the City this week. I have a feeling this is the same airship, N602SK, seen at the "Fly-In" recently at Floyd Bennett Field. Since she bears no advertising what could be the purpose of these flights? Has anybody else noticed her flights?

Re: Blimp Sightings

It's registered out of Connecticut. Could be NYPD is borrowing it for the UNGA.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

I talked to the crew of N602SK when it was over at FBF. IT wasn't part of the fly-in weekend. It is the old Fuji-sponsored blimp. Fuji did not renew their contract, and the blimp was in the area for meetings with prospective clients.

Yes, its got Airshipman.com titles. New envelope, but yes otherwise the former Fuji Airship.

Its here to try to pick up some business. Should be gone by next week sometime I believe. Funny, because its the 2nd "untitled" blimp we've had this summer. Back during Fleet Week, we had the NAVY Airship flying over the city.

I'll post the thumbnails if we get Flicka configured for that... :D

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Saw it again yesterday while walking over Brooklyn Bridge. It went up past the Statue up the Hudson to Ground Zero then turned south. Saw it again moments ago taking the same route.

You guys will see the Hood blimp at KFRG soon! ;)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".