Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low Low Approaches on Localizer 31

Low Low Approaches on Localizer 31

well senga any one is fine for me - prefitably 24 L i belive thts the right runway
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Gothamspotter,
    I am not familiar with those tanks or if they wer taken away. I did just not check out a satellite image and there appears to be 2 tanks still standing and 2 demo "HOLES" where 2 tanks had been. I don't know when the image was taken but maybe there are till there. If not...It always takes a while to get these things out of the database. I guess someone has to call it in. The less significant something is the longer it takes to get it taken out. AT the bottom of the chart it states"twin tanks added" so may there are 2 others.
    Ahh yes, I see them. I always assumed they referred to the original Greenpoint tanks which were the largest natural gas tanks in the world. I attended their implosion in 2001. I've never seen the new tanks and from the satellite image they look relatively to be used as a navaid but what do I know. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

N790SW heres ISp ILS 24 approach plate. ISP also has an NDB and ILS for runway 6.

Senga

WOW must have been amazing to see those tanks go down. It wouold make for some nice photography as well!

Senga

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    would this make sense? last weds, I was driving north on pinelawn and looked west toward FRG, noticed a twin, possible a 757 or airbus, turning over he westbury area. And it looked at about 5000 feet. chekcing passur later, it was at 3700 over westbury, real low over the island too.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Mario,
    I am not too familiar with the LI area so I can't really help you with that. Maybe someone else who knows the ara can assist here.

I will say though that the MSA (Minimum Saft Altitude) on the chart in 10 mile radius around ISP is 2100 feet West, Southwest and South. Northeast its 1700 feet.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    WOW must have been amazing to see those tanks go down. It wouold make for some nice photography as well!

Senga
    It was less amazing than I had hoped. They went down really fast compared to a building, I guess since they were just hollow metal cans. My film decided to jam on me just as they were popping, so I didn't get any photos. :(
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

hey senga- where is bald hill on this map- i belive thats where the ILS is
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Re: Low Low Approaches on Localizer 31

Quote Originally Posted by N790SW
    where is bald hill on this map- i belive thats where the ILS is
    I assume you mean where the Vietnam Memorial is located, right? From what I can tell, it looks to be the 822' obstruction near the "CORAM" intersection.

hey senga on the ISP maps wouldnt bald hill be on there
    -Bobby Catone

hey senga wouldnt Bald Hill be on there for an ILS approach
    -Bobby Catone

Bobby,
    I did a search on that chart for that place you spoke of.
    I think its the 647 foot "obstruction" that is just above the words "RIZER"

Sicenits a ILS plat you dont have to have it labled visually. All you need is the hight there.
    I hope this helps
    Senga

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    speaking of Bald Hill, in Coram, well, what is higher? Jane's Peak or Bald Hill?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Mario, I have no idea im a Westchestah Co. boy! LOL! I can't find anything on it on the net.
    Where is Janes Peak located? Maybe I can find it ont he chart here.

Senga

Re: Low Low Approaches on Localizer 31

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by N790SW
    where is bald hill on this map- i belive thats where the ILS is
    I assume you mean where the Vietnam Memorial is located, right? From what I can tell, it looks to be the 822' obstruction near the "CORAM" intersection.
    yeaa i belive soo although farmingville is closer to coram soo i would belive soo- and i am sorry for posting the bald hill ? like 5 times if any can edit it so it can be only once that would be awsome
    -Bobby Catone