Thread: Wanna buy a pair of BAC-111's on ebay

Wanna buy a pair of BAC-111's on ebay

Just came across this as I was browsing ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Very interesting listing . Notice they are only stage II noise compliant. AS they are under 75,000lbs max weight They dont have to be stage III. Imagine those at HPN with the NIMBY crowd.. omg !!

One of them has recently visited HPN, actually: http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/viewto ... hlight=bac

The other one seems to visit TEB a bit as well.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

In the auction this guy notes that his feedback is 1449. What he doesn't tell you is that is made up mostly of baseball cards he bought and sold. I'm not so sure I'm going to trust a guy who normally sells baseball cards to come through on a $2M+ transaction.
    Also, is this starting bid a good price? It seems that if you won this auction for $2M, you would have done pretty well for yourself. What do you guys think, is that the right price for two OLD jets and a company to fly them under?

Steve

Thought the same thing about what he has previously sold. Maybe he's doing a friend a favor? The jets do seem to be a bargain. You could easily drop the same amount of cash on two new class A motorhomes fitted equally.
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

When you consider a similarly sized Gulfstream runs about $50 million, as long as they're in top mechanical shape this seems like a good deal. You could fly the better one and cannibalize the other for parts, which I'm sure are few and far between these days.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

lets all chip in together and use them for spotting trips...
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

That seems like quite a deal for the two of them. However, I guess when you consider they have no RVSM, and they are stage II, and cost the GNP of Luxembourg to fuel them over and over again, it does make them a little less desireable. But for some aviation nut who has a few million laying around what a deal.
    Lets buy them and then fly them into tiny little GA airports around the country and scare the crap out of NIMBY's...

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaPolli
    Lets buy them and then fly them into tiny little GA airports around the country and scare the crap out of NIMBY's...
    Touch and goes all day at HPN!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Here's something the ad may not have mentioned . Are hey due for an expensve AD and/or D check which can sometimes exceed the value of the airframe?