Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JFK Sunday 2/24

Re: JFK Sunday 2/24

I'm sure others while chime in with photos, but today was definitely one of the best days to be out spotting. The skies were clear and the light was beautiful, and we were rewarded with a bunch of great planes. Cathay "Asia's World City", Tradewinds Cargo 747, Delta's Grammy-decaled 757, the "30 years" Comair CRJ, two El Al Cargo 747s (one blank, one titled), Asiana Cargo 747, Austrian Star Alliance 767, Eva Air Cargo 747, Habitat, Air Berlin, LOT Star Alliance 767. Had a couple of misses as Miami Air and XL 737s and Birthday Girl went to 31L, and we didn't spot Pink Delta at all, but overall, it was definitely a catch-filled day. I'll get some photos up once I've made some progress of the nearly 1300 I took.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

I can't believe I'm the first one to post this...

Wow. I think most would agree that this aircraft is the more beautiful one that graces our airport.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Wow. I think most would agree that this aircraft is the more beautiful one that graces our airport.
    I dunno...I still haven't caught Habitat :evil:

Not to hijack, but Habitat is not an attractive plane, and no 767 can compare to that Cathay.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    I can't believe I'm the first one to post this...
    Adam,
    Sweet shot. I just got home and very happy. Even after missing Birthday Girl (going to my happy place now....)

Senga,
    At least I know who the other car was at the mounds now for the Air India 747 8)
    but the shot of the Air India 772 is off the hook. (going back to my happy place again....)

Btw guy's, the Delta Comair CR9J "30 Years came back in on 22L at sunset.
    Also a silver 763 with 3 green waves on the tail (much like British Airways tail) came in as I was getting ready to leave.
    I couldn't see any name on the fuselage. Sorry could not ID it as I was being kept company by New York's finest at the time......again.

Great day and much fun with everyone.
    Barry

Work interfered with me getting out there (again). Though I couldn't help but think what a great day it would have been with the clear skies and great light. Maybe next time...

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy 28
    Work interfered with me getting out there (again). Though I couldn't help but think what a great day it would have been with the clear skies and great light. Maybe next time...
    The light was incredible this morning. Probably the best I've seen since I started spotting. I'd love the winter if it weren't so cold :P

Nice meeting everyone today :) Here are a few low-res shots:

Cary
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Gordon,
    Thats basically all the AIC 772 did. He did a small wing dip but it wasn't really noticeable.

John,
    I shot the Air Berlin A333 from Costco next to the water. I saw lots of photogs that were in Firestone but didn't recognize anyone/cars when I drove by. When were you there?

Senga

Gordon,
    Thats basically all the AIC 772 did. He did a small wing dip but it wasn't really noticeable.

John,
    I shot the Air Berlin A333 from Costco next to the water. I saw lots of photogs that were in Firestone but didn't recognize anyone/cars when I drove by. When were you there?

Senga

It was a great day of spotting today - a great group, terrific conditions, and some interesting subjects. It was good to see everyone today. I didn't get out until this afternoon, but got some good captures over at Firestone.

First time I've gotten this one!

I hadn't seen a Star Alliance with a white tail before.

This Piaggio P180 flew overhead.

At least Josh was able to get out to catch this one today!

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    John,

Senga
    Yes I was out there from a little after 2pm until they switched to 22L. We had about 8 guys from NYCA out at Firestone this afternoon.

Today was an awesome day with the weather and light and with some great people! It was a blast being out there all day and this definitely is one of the best days of spotting I have ever had in terms of variety. I'm too tired now to edit all of the 975 photos I shot, but here are my examples from Bayswater this morning. I'll get to the others tomorrow night. Keep in mind that this is my first time shooting with DSLR and I'm not great at editing yet, so these probably could be better...

Catch of the day:

A new scheme:

New delta and a new decal:

United with winglets (a first for me):

Crisp...

The plane looks good, but I'm not sure what's wrong here, perhaps haze?

El Al Cargo climbing like a dog...

Crisper...

A nice finale to the morning spotting...

More to come tomorrow, but I definitely had a blast with you guys. We've got to do it again soon!
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    I saw lots of photogs that were in Firestone but didn't recognize anyone/cars when I drove by. When were you there?

Senga
    You should have dropped by anyways bro. I am in complete awe of some of your pictures and it would have been a pleasure to meet you.

Andy, nice stuff. As you acclimate to the new gear, you'll get better and better. Sky's the limit.

I'm seriously hung over from last night (damn 151) and I think maybe still a little drunk, so I'll probably wait a wee bit to edit and post. For me, it was probably the second best day of spotting I've had. There was an awesome crowd out there and it was all laughs and cameras. I can't wait to see the gatherings once the weather warms up. Stay safe guys.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]