Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luger Killed in Olympics Practice

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Re: Luger Killed in Olympics Practice

He might have lived if there were some kind of barrier to prevent hitting the steel beams.
    You know this how?

At that speed coming into contact with an object soft or hard and decelerating your going to die
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

My guess after re watching the video (Not that I have the proper education....yet) is that his neck either snapped the instant he hit that beam or he probably went into cardiac arrest from the impact of his chest.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Would he have lived if he was going 5 or 10 mphs slower?
    He might have lived if there were some kind of barrier to prevent hitting the steel beams.
    The design of this track really was stupid.... Why you put steel I-beams right next to a track where someone can fly off and collide at 100mph is beyond me. This is very sad and not a good way to kick off the games.

You know this how?

At that speed coming into contact with an object soft or hard and decelerating your going to die
    He might have been able to bounce and skid along rather than coming to a sudden stop. Lugers do wreck at high speed, but they don't always die.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    You know this how?

He might have been able to bounce and skid along rather than coming to a sudden stop. Lugers do wreck at high speed, but they don't always die.
    I've seen people die from 35 mph collisions and survive 100 mph ones. There are so many variables. From my view of the video he struck the I beam back-wards. His cerebellum was immediately traumatized probably putting him into cardiac arrest.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan