Thread: EWR 12/17/10-12/20/10

NLovis

EWR 12/17/10-12/20/10

There are so many photos here im putting up a link to a alblum. Also im too tired to put all 56 photos into a viewable state like i normally do.

http://img137.yfrog.com/g/dpp0096.jpg/

NLovis
    Sorry about not putting up direct images last time. I was tired after working a double shift at EWR UPS and then EIA JFK. Here is something easier for you all. Comments appreciated as this was my 1st attempt at low light shooting with my new camera.

NLovis

GREAT catch on continental!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

NLovis
    Thanks three hole. Also note there is one 777 under the UA CO mix. Was unable to get the departure of it.

Nick where were you spotting from? If you can share :-) If not, PM me... please.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

NLovis
    I will put up a guide on the area when I can find a suitable map to use. Ill just say the location I was at is suitable for early morning to mid afternoon untill the sun starts lowering. Then your horribly backlit. Location is suitable for 22 departures as well as 4 arrivals. Rwy 4 arrivals are slightly closer and have a longer visable time then 22 departures.

Wow- and no drive-by's from the Five-O? Impressive

Thanks Nick... Mark can also add to the list since I know he is a seasoned EWR spotter as well as Cary maybe :-) EWR is such a mystery and I would love to catch some unique planes which are EWR only...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

NLovis
    Here is the map you were requesting. I do not know how to get the map to show on page so the best i can do is a link. Here is the address to the area.
    1000 Center Drive
    Elizabeth, NJ 07201
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...2a2fd7b20b4573

I've been meaning to hit that spot, but I've read several times that they are very aware of our presence and routinely make people leave. Maybe next time I head up to Rutherford to visit my brother I'll give it a try.

NLovis
    Well a hint, keep an eye out for the security. When you see them keep your camera down. If there wasnt a plane passing my camera was out of sight. It worked well.