Thread: A good read, Airline Failures

A good read, Airline Failures

The Boyd Group published this article on start ups that didn't do so well. I enjoyed reading it.

http://www.aviationplanning.com/airlinefailures1.htm

Re: A good read, Airline Failures

That was definitely an interesting read. I've flown on two of those: Kiwi (EWR-MCO, my first flight) and Eastwind (TTN-MCO).
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

That was a very nice read :borat:
    Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.

Very nice! They are missing a few though. (Carnival, SkyBus, etc.)
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

That was some interesting reading. I loved this line about Midway I:

Its most frequent flyer was sailboat fuel.
    :D :D :D

There is a startup outfit, claiming to be based in Vegas with all kinds of delusions of grandur. I read a little about it about a year ago. What really caught my eye besides anyone thinking they had a chance at all was the fact that the CEO is an ex-felon. Served time for of all things, Securities fraud. :cry:

Here's something from their most recent press release
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    January 28, 2008
    FAMILY AIRLINES FILES FOR DOT APPROVAL
    Las Vegas-Based Carrier to Offer Non-Stop Economy Flights Between Large Markets

In the Continental U.S. and Hawaii

Las Vegas, NV — Family Airlines, a new Las Vegas-based carrier, which just filed for DOT approval, will use Boeing 747-400 jumbo jets and a fare structure that significantly decreases the lowest fares offered today by other airlines.

To do this, Family's unrestricted, no-frills economy fare - $19 one way from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and $69 coast to-coast - will be the same for every passenger in similar class seating. This pricing strategy is intended to stimulate additional traffic and to capture a significant portion of the existing market.... continued..http://www.familyairlines.com/news.html

Quote Originally Posted by DHG750R
    There is a startup outfit, claiming to be based in Vegas with all kinds of delusions of grandur. I read a little about it about a year ago. What really caught my eye besides anyone thinking they had a chance at all was the fact that the CEO is an ex-felon. Served time for of all things, Securities fraud. :cry:

Here's something from their most recent press release
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    January 28, 2008
    FAMILY AIRLINES FILES FOR DOT APPROVAL
    Las Vegas-Based Carrier to Offer Non-Stop Economy Flights Between Large Markets

In the Continental U.S. and Hawaii

Las Vegas, NV — Family Airlines, a new Las Vegas-based carrier, which just filed for DOT approval, will use Boeing 747-400 jumbo jets and a fare structure that significantly decreases the lowest fares offered today by other airlines.

To do this, Family's unrestricted, no-frills economy fare - $19 one way from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and $69 coast to-coast - will be the same for every passenger in similar class seating. This pricing strategy is intended to stimulate additional traffic and to capture a significant portion of the existing market.... continued..http://www.familyairlines.com/news.html
    Its not a claim...its a real airline. They just signed a contract for UAL to handle their ground and check in desks.

Quoting the Family Airlines website:
    Why the Boeing 747-400? The choice of this aircraft over others is based on consumer confidence, safety record, availability and overall capacity. The 747-400 is considered one of the world's safest and most comfortable aircraft used in commercial aviation today. The level of training necessary to be certified to fly this type of aircraft ranks its pilots among the most experienced in the industry and the elite of their profession.
    Elite of their profession flying at Family Airlines? That's rich. :lol:

i dont consider them a real airline until they have an operating certificate , till then they're someone's idea, no matter how good or bad