PDA

View Full Version : Live from Number Majillion for Takeoff at JFK

Matt Molnar
2006-07-07, 07:03 PM
Aboard AA127 to San Diego. Scheduled pushback was 6:25, actual was about 10 minutes later. After taxiing a few minutes the captain just said the line is ridiculously long and it'll be at least 40 minutes. Some early critiques...Terminal 8 is disgusting. The bathroom stalls all have the locks broken off. There is no decent food and no good stores past security. The 757 seems semi-ancient but pretty clean. The flight is pretty full but I lucked out and was able to move to an aisle seat with no one in the middle. PIA's "Colours of the Desert" 747 just passed with a beautiful tail. That's all for now!

T-Bird76
2006-07-07, 08:08 PM
Yep sounds just like the American Experience. Atleast the terminal will be done in a year or so.

Jonesbeach
2006-07-07, 08:18 PM
Well, it's really only half the terminal that will be done. There are two pieces that are getting built right now, Concourse B and the Main Terminal Building. Concourse B is the "finger" further from the road of the two. The Main Terminal Building is the western piece of the ticketing lobby and is right up against the road. Concourse B is scheduled to open in May 2007 and the Main Terminal Building is scheduled to open in June 2007. If American can find the funds and a good reason to keep going, there is the whole east side of the terminal left to go. That piece would almost double what is already there! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed.) Regardless, terminal 8 is coming down when the current construction is completed.