Thread: Toronto This Weekend

Toronto This Weekend

After my canceled trip to YYZ last summer, the one-year limitation on using the Air Canada ticket was about to run out. The weather at YYZ looks great this weekend, so I am booked and ready to go.

It will be my first trip to YYZ. There are two aircraft I want to get; the Emirates A380 and the Cubana Tu204. From what I can tell, the A380 seems to typically use runway 5/23.

The Cubana Tu204 is, I think, a cargo plane that comes in on Sunday later in the afternoon. I'm not sure if there is a pattern as to which runway this plane uses.

I would be delighted to hear from anyone who has a tip or two regarding YYZ, especially regarding these two aircraft.

Thanks,
    Steve Kurtz

Re: Toronto This Weekend

You are correct as Emirates almost explicitly lands on 5/23.

As for Cubana, I haven't been present for it's arrival. Most cargo flights (CX, KE, LH) I have seen arrive again on 5/23.

Once it has arrived you can get shots of it in the Cargo Centre in the infield. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 8&t=h&z=16

Morning and early afternoon flights will land on the 6's and 24's there's some great spots to achieve whichever shots you are after.

Enjoy!