Thread: Comair CR2 and Colgan Saab collision pics

Comair CR2 and Colgan Saab collision pics

In spring 2008 while I was still up in the tower at LGA for US a Colgan Saab flying for us was hit by a Comair CRJ wjile taxiing out for departure. I was asked by the powers that be to take a series of photographs of the various damage. For obvious reasons I was asked to not release them immediately but here they are now a few years later.

For the rest of the set take a look at my Flickr page.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/46497807@N ... 758578765/
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Comair CR2 and Colgan Saab collision pics

Wow,
    Looks like that S340 took a chunk out of the CRJ and didn't let go!

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Wow,
    Looks like that S340 took a chunk out of the CRJ and didn't let go!
    You can say that again and lets be glad that that CRJ didnt hit a Boeing or a bus. I dont think it would have survived it. Any clue if these 2 a/c r still flying?

Both are indeed still in the service of their airlines. The CRJ was brought to the United hanger where they removed the winglet and ferried to CVG. The Saab had it's aileron and a few misc acessories replaced and rebalanced and reentered service.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Both are indeed still in the service of their airlines. The CRJ was brought to the United hanger where they removed the winglet and ferried to CVG. The Saab had it's aileron and a few misc acessories replaced and rebalanced and reentered service.
    Ah alright. That saab is one mighty plane. Dont see em built like that anymore.