Thread: JFK 31R Closed Early This Afternoon

JFK 31R Closed Early This Afternoon

Just before 2pm, three consecutive planes on approach to 31R, including an Austrian 777, performed go-arounds. This occurred immediately after a CSA A310 had touched down. A few mins later, ATIS said the runway was closed...and about 20 mins later it was open again. Anyone know what was up, maybe a problem with the CSA?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: JFK 31R Closed Early This Afternoon

since it only closed for 20 minute it could have been a popped tire on the A310. anything more significant would have caused a longer delay.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Turtles again???

I was on the phone with Conrad when the AUA B772 aborted. It aborted on runway 31R and then was vectored to the left side.

Senga

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

I knew something was wrong I was on the golf course and saw regular 31 traffic on approach then they started to make these big turns to the south like they were going to 4 or something right about that time. Too cool.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I pulled out the snow machine and it took 20 minutes to clear... j/k!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".