Thread: Disabled aircraft at JFK

Disabled aircraft at JFK

I just got a message, 22R is now closed due to a disabled aircraft and they are landing/departing one runway at this time. Airborne holds are being expected as the demand exceeds capacity for the moment. Updates as I get them. Monitor JFK tower/ground if you like. I am not clear on the exacts but if it goes on long enough I qwould bet some airlines might start to divert.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Re: Disabled aircraft at JFK

Yeah I am listening to it right now and it seems its a jetBlue A320 or E190 that is stuck for some reason. They moved the departures to 13R.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

yeaa.. we just moved it off the runway.. it had blown tires.. i got some good pics!.. it was a 190

Wow, nice shots. Looks like a good amount is worn off, as if the wheel locked maybe?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9