Thread: Some Good News Finally

Some Good News Finally

ATA has reached a tentative agreement with ALPA the pilots union on a new contract. There was speculation that ATA pilots would strike soon if an agreement was not reached. More importantly this agreement opens up channels for ATA to acquire 100 million in exit financing it needs to emerge from Chap 11 bankruptcy.

Other related stories, both UAL and US Airways have been cleared to emerge from Chap 11. UAL will emerge from Chap 11 on Feb 1 and US will effectively no longer exist come September 27 when AWA acquires most of US's assets. America West will change its name to U.S Airways.

Some Good News Finally

ATA has reached a tentative agreement with ALPA the pilots union on a new contract. There was speculation that ATA pilots would strike soon if an agreement was not reached. More importantly this agreement opens up channels for ATA to acquire 100 million in exit financing it needs to emerge from Chap 11 bankruptcy.

Other related stories, both UAL and US Airways have been cleared to emerge from Chap 11. UAL will emerge from Chap 11 on Feb 1 and US will effectively no longer exist come September 27 when AWA acquires most of US's assets. America West will change its name to U.S Airways.

Great stuff. Good luck and congrats to all airlines mentioned.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Great stuff. Good luck and congrats to all airlines mentioned.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Grat news! I just hope DL and NW make it out clearly!

Grat news! I just hope DL and NW make it out clearly!