Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Columbus Day Weekend.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: Columbus Day Weekend.

I was there earlier today as well and left shortly before Air Tahiti Nui dropped in. So much haze. It was frustrating as hell. Tomorrow is another day.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    I was there earlier today as well and left shortly before Air Tahiti Nui dropped in. So much haze. It was frustrating as hell. Tomorrow is another day.
    I must have just missed you. Air Tahiti Nui was the first thing that pissed me off today :)

I have no idea what happened. The weather wasn't bad at all when I left my apartment. It was hazy when I got to Firestone, and downright foggy by the time they switched to the 22s.

Funny, Air Tahiti was the last thing that pissed me off. LOL. I went out specifically for that bird and when she was showing late, I got impatient and left. As soon as I'm driving up Rockaway I look out my window and what do I see? Yup Air Tahiti. I got to sit and think about it for the next hour as I sat in traffic.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Funny, Air Tahiti was the last thing that pissed me off. LOL. I went out specifically for that bird and when she was showing late, I got impatient and left. As soon as I'm driving up Rockaway I look out my window and what do I see? Yup Air Tahiti. I got to sit and think about it for the next hour as I sat in traffic.
    Haha...that's the opposite of what Habitat did to me last weekend...I was walking down 225th St, and she flew over my head, much faster than I could get my camera out. Some guy on his stoop was looking at me like he'd never seen a white guy curse before :)

LMAO!!!
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

LOL I can vouch for Adam's frustration with Habitat last weekend, I think Dima and I were pretty annoyed as well. We missed her by a mere 5 minutes...
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

I've still yet to catch her on camera.
    The elusive Pink Delta
    So join us. She'll be in at around 1530.
    I thought it was 1630 on Sunday, but as long as the WX is good I'd like to go out there.
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

For those of you heading out this weekend a little special treat at LGA. The Port is planning a 36 hour closeure of 13-31 for various construction projects from 0001 Sat till 1200 Sunday. Based on forecasted winds probably up and down 22. Because of being off both my days off of Fri/Sat this weekend no idea if any US Special Schemes are heading our way, sorry.

For those who are out and about have fun !

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    RVR greater than 6000 my ass.
    What does the runway visual range have to do with you getting a bad shot because of haze? RVR is a measurement of how far you can see down the runway while on it. The ceiling could be 200 feet and the RVR could still be greater then 6000 feet.

Well, I'm about to head out to the AOPA convention in Hartford. Going to talk to some colleges and go to some seminars. 590 exhibitors!
    "lol retart"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

SO wait, did any one get pics of Air Tahiti ? In those hazy conditions? I'd be intersted to see them.

What days are they in NY now?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    SO wait, did any one get pics of Air Tahiti ? In those hazy conditions? I'd be intersted to see them.

What days are they in NY now?
    Wednesday and Friday, Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Too hazy. I never even tried to take a picture...I only knew it was him because I heard him get his landing clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Based on forecasted winds probably up and down 22.
    Sure are. I moved to Astoria a week ago and this is the first time I've heard planes...they're making a right turn and heading straight over my place still pretty low and loud. I DEMAND THE CLOSURE OF LGA!!!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Sure are. I moved to Astoria a week ago and this is the first time I've heard planes...they're making a right turn and heading straight over my place still pretty low and loud. I DEMAND THE CLOSURE OF LGA!!!
    Hahahahahaha!

I was going to head out there to try to catch departures at Planeview (!), but it was too foggy.