Final Call: Did Irish Government Try to Dump Aer Lingus on JetBlue?
• A New Jersey man didn’t realize daggers aren’t allowed onboard airliners until his bag was searched at Newark Liberty Airport. [Newark Star-Ledger]
• A 2010 New Jersey plane crash was caused by the pilot attempting a steep climb after a high-speed, low-altitude fly-by in a twin-engine Cessna 337 Skymaster. Subsequently, the right wing failed, and the plane went down at Monmouth Executive Airport, killing all five people onboard. [AP via NJ.com]
• Tennessee state coffers will shell out a $5 million grant for a new general aviation hangar at Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport.
• A JetBlue flight from Boston to Chicago made an emergency landing in Buffalo after someone phoned in a bomb threat. [WKBW]
• Authorities have declined to charge an American Airlines flight attendant whose frightening rant about the plane crashing forced passengers to restrain her and the pilots to return to the gate. The woman experienced a “mental episode,” said the FBI. [NBC DFW]
• SpaceX is in talks with NASA to use the famed Pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center to launch its Falcon heavy lift rocket.