The Logbook: Get In Trouble? Blame the Captain!
• CanJet Airlines’ newest aircraft is a 737-800 leased from TUIfly. Registered D-AHFO, the aircraft is in a scheme like that of a yellow taxi. No word yet on if the pilots’ seats will have those beads-cushions installed. [AirlinersGallery]
• Captain Sully is selling one of his old pilot hats on Ebay, where all proceeds will go towards school programs in Oakland, California. It is not the one he wore during Flight 1549, but it is autographed by the man himself. [Ebay]
• Silverjet has started operations again! Ok, not really. However, Jordan Aviation, who currently operates their former 767-200 (now JY-JAG) has not repainted the aircraft yet, which will sports Silverjet titles. [AirlinersGallery]
• South African Airlink has suffered its third incident in as many months after an ERJ-145 experienced an excursion on landing in Cape Town today. All passengers and crew escaped with their lives after the jet hydroplaned far beyond the threshold of its 6,561ft runway 11. The airline said “The aircraft appears to be damaged”, and unless they can buff-out that big crack in the middle of its fuselage, I’d say they’re right. [AvHerald]
• US Airways will begin flights between their Charlotte hub and Rome, Italy, starting May 13, 2010, using Airbus A330-300s. [US Airways]