Week in Review
• Air France brought their first A-380 to the United States with a flight to JFK today.
• The very first Boeing 747-8 rolled out of the paint hangar looking shiny and new.
• Airbus showed off their “sharklets” on an A320 at the Dubai Airshow.
• Boeing announced that they hope to finally fly the 787 on December 22nd.
• The FAA’s Atlanta facility had a computer glitch that wreaked havoc throughout the United States for most of the day on Thursday.
• Horizon painted their newest Q400 in an Ecto-Cooler “Comfortably Green” scheme.
• Air Austral has made an official order for two Airbus A380s in a full sardine configuration with 840 seats, which will be the first airliner to hold more than 800 people.
• A trip to Home Depot was needed at a Brush, Colorado home after a basketball-sized piece of rime ice fell off of an airplane and destroyed a kitchen.
Spotting Thread of the Week goes to Matt Smith and the shots he got on his trip to Brussels. Great shots, Matt!