The Logbook: A Series of Tubes
• We use arrestor beds at the end of runways in the US, and in the Congo they use volcanic rock! A Congolese MD-80 didn’t stop in time and whoopsie daisy!
• OAG’s Airlines of the Year Awards make the top regional players LAN, South African, Virgin Atlantic, CSA Czech, Emirates and Continental. See the other winning categories here.
• Fire on a Condor 757-300 caused a diversion to Munich, Germany today. A short circuit started a smoldering fire and smoke into the forward cabin. The aircraft landed safely with no injuries.
• Malaysia will be adjusting the times that they operate into LAX.
• Virgin American started flights yesterday out of FLL to both LAS and SFO.