Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2023 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 27th and 28th

Good show today, seems like the T-Birds didn’t perform a few maneuvers and their last pass only had 5 jets. Also it was nice to see the Skytypers once again as I thought last year was going to be their last year.
    Last edited by RCFLYER86; 2023-05-27 at 10:23 PM.

It was a good show and the weather was perfect. The 2 ship Growler Demo really brought the noise and it was
    very cool seeing the F-35B Demo for the first time in person, especially when it was hovering over the Atlantic.
    It was just too bad they weren't able to have a Corsair fly in formation with the 2 Growlers during the Legacy flight.
    Thunderbirds did a great show and I'm not sure what happened with that one Thunderbird but saw it made it back
    safely to ISP cause I saw it on this video from Jake24, who did a great job catching all of the shows departures and
    arrivals out at ISP yesterday:
    Last edited by Chris S; 2023-05-28 at 07:32 AM.

So is Islip now spotter friendly? Looks like a good group along the fences
    Glenn

I’m guessing they didn’t feel like enforcing it. Anyway it looked like the thunderbirds had another jet return early today saw it land at ISP before the delta returned.

Read in the comments of Jake24's video that apparently T-Bird #6 had a bird strike on Saturday just before the Finale and returned to ISP right away.
    I guess the Suffolk police were just being softies on Saturday, cause you can even see one Suffolk Police Car inside the fence line driving on the perimeter
    road when the Growlers were landing, and it didn't seem to bother him that people were standing outside the fenceline watching or even standing on ladders!
    I was at the AAM today, but heard the Growler Demo really tore it up over the beach today and saw pics that it was a vaporfest with the F-35B also!

BTW, heard the Thunderbirds, F-35B and Growler Demo teams are all scheduled to leave ISP on Tues, but don't have any ETD times unfortunately.
    I talked to the crew of the (2) Growlers on static display at FRG today and they are shooting for a 10:30 AM departure on Monday cause
    they've got at least 7 to 9 hours of travel time back to their homebase at NAS Whidbey Island in WA, including 2 fuel stop overs also.

Hats off to Jake 24 for his great video coverage going back and forth between FRG, ISP and Jones Beach
    this week catching arrivals, departures, practices and shows and posting them on Youtube! Bravo!

Thursday Arrivals

Friday Practice show and Growlers arrival at FRG

Thunderbirds Sneak Pass compilation video from Sunday

Newsday reported that the estimated crowd on Sat. was 100,000 and on Sun. it almost doubled as the beach and boardwalk
    drew a capacity crowd of 192,000 and I saw the State Police even had to close down Wantagh Pkwy going south at Merrick Rd!
    Saw that Jake 24 posted his video from Sunday's show and the Growlers really tore it up with some great vapor passes!!
    BTW, I see that the Thunderbirds ended up with 5 aircraft once again on their final pass?

Sounds like the Thunderbirds had issues both days. Yesterday (Sunday) I heard one and went outside. I live just north of Islip and was able to see them do their pitch up for landing but on Sunday around 2:30ish this one flew right over my house smoke on. Was very odd as I'm not in any flight paths. Rest of the delta came 10 minutes behind and where they normally would be for landing.
    Glenn

Yeah the number 6 jet came in on the right downwind and landed on Runway 24 while the other 5 jets landed on Runway 6.
    Last edited by RCFLYER86; 2023-05-29 at 06:50 PM.

Sounds like the Thunderbirds just left and they are showing on flightradar heading to Colorado
    Glenn

Yeah, the Thunderbirds departed on RWY 6 at 11:30, the (3) Growlers departed on RWY 24 at 12:50,
    and the C-17 for the Thunderbirds from McChord departed on RWY 6 at 1:30 from ISP yesterday!
    As of 1:30 yesterday there was still one F-35B left on the tarmac, and it might be stuck there with
    mechanical issues, because I know the other F-35B had already departed either on Sunday or Monday.
    Anyway, that's pretty much a wrap for the show this year!