Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 27th and 28th

Looking at Flightaware, The Tbirds are enroute and should be here around 5pm, The C-17 Around 5:25 or so.

Tnx!! Let’s hope they hang by the beach for a quick practice. Possible??

The F-35B's just got cleared to land on Rwy 6 at ISP

I saw the 35s'

Any chance the F-35s/Growlers will do circles during the TFR at 5 if the T-Birds are late?

Thunderbirds did a nice job with their circles down at the beach at 5:00, and you couldn't have asked for better weather !!
    BTW, on my way out to the parking lot just after 6:00 I saw 2 Growlers fly over the Jones Beach Tower that were heading to ISP.

Apparently the 2 static Growlers due into FRG for the AAM have been delayed according to this post on their FB page:

Excited to Welcome back the United States Navy EA-18G Growlers to the American Airpower Museum this Memorial Day Weekend!
    They will be on static display Saturday May 27th until their departure on Monday 29 May. Arrival will be late Friday evening.
    Be advised that the museum will be closed for the day by the time they arrive.
    They will depart during Monday's Flight Operations during normal business hours.

https://www.facebook.com/Americanair...NKBSpywFzTqSKl
    Last edited by Chris S; 2023-05-25 at 07:11 PM.

Also, forgot to mention they have a Blackhawk helicopter and Apache Helicopter already set up
    on static display in front of the West Bath house at Jones Beach also which was very cool to see!!

Anyone know what time the F-35s' and Growlers will take off for Practice tomorrow at Islip?

Anyone have the flying schedule for Saturday and Sunday yet? Also, where is the best spot for the growler/ F35 and T-Bird departures/ recoveries on Saturday/ Sunday at Islip.

What a perfect day for practice. Does anyone know why the f35 cut their practice short?

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    What a perfect day for practice. Does anyone know why the f35 cut their practice short?
    Not sure, but I did notice a trail of smoke/fuel coming from the exhaust when he was starting to transition into the hover.

Not sure about Sat. and Sun. schedules but these are the approximate times the Demo teams flew today:
    Thunderbirds Diamond practice from 10:10 to 10:50
    Growlers Demo around 11:40
    F-35B Demo around 12:15 - 12:30 (Unfortunately it had to stop it's demo just before the hovering part for some mechanical issues and headed back to ISP.
    Thunderbirds Practice Demo just after 2:00.

Just saw the Growlers (I assume) fly by in Lido Beach

I was at Islip today and listening to tower freq. The F-35 had a landing gear indicator light come on as well.

Growlers did a break to land around 7:20 tonight at FRG on RWY 32. Unfortunately there was some last minute
    RWY changes by the Control Tower that really messed things up trying get any decent shots of it in the golden light!