Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 27th and 28th

2023 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 27th and 28th

The Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach is only a month away, so it's time to fire up the thread for it again!

Here's the official website link to find out the latest show info:
    Bethpage Air Show | at Jones Beach State Park

The 2023 Bethpage Air Show will take place Saturday, May 27, and Sunday, May 28, from 10AM-3PM.

2023 Confirmed Performers:

• US Air Force Thunderbirds
    • US Marine Corps F-35B Lightning II Demo
    • US Navy EA-18G Growler Legacy Team
    • US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
    • USCG MH-60T Jayhawk Search and Rescue Demo
    • Michael Goulian (Extra 330SC)
    • David Windmiller (Edge 540)
    • Ed Hamill (Pitts S2C)
    • American Airpower Museum (Various Warbirds)
    • Skytypers - SNJ Texan (5 - ship)
    • Warbird Thunder Airshows - Chris Thomas and Mike Eberhardt (SNJ Texan 2 - ship)
    • Farmingdale State College Flying Rams

Last edited by Chris S; 2023-05-04 at 03:51 PM. Reason: 106th Search and Rescue Demo replaced with USCG S&R Demo

Looking forward! Always nice when the show is packed with jets. On a jet note, heard a few circle over Republic just now. Wonder what it could be?

Excited to hear and see them again. It's gonna be a great show. I do wish they could sign a few different military acts, maybe get a few military aircraft that have never participated before.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    Looking forward! Always nice when the show is packed with jets. On a jet note, heard a few circle over Republic just now. Wonder what it could be?
    FYI - 2 - F-18E Super Hornets from VFA-211 Checkmates landed at FRG on Friday afternoon, but I'm not sure exactly when they'll be departing?

I think they are here just for regular training flights, definitely not involved with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI - 2 - F-18E Super Hornets from VFA-211 Checkmates landed at FRG on Friday afternoon, but I'm not sure exactly when they'll be departing?
    I just happen to see them at FRG yesterday also. I heard they are leaving today (Sunday) something. If anyone gets a time frame let me know :)

i got some info that the hornets are leaving around 2 today

Quote Originally Posted by bgny61 View Post
    i got some info that the hornets are leaving around 2 today
    Yeah, the F-18 pilots arrived around 1:45 and they finally took off at 3:20 on RWY 14.

FYI - I saw the FAA posted the TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) for the Jones Beach Show
    and the air space over the beach will be closed on Thurs., May 25th from 5:00PM - 5:45PM
    and then daily on Fri., Sat. & Sun (May 26th - 28th) from 10AM to 3PM.
    Sounds like the Thunderbirds will be arriving on Thurs., May 25th sometime in the afternnoon
    from Colorado Springs and if they arrive in time they might be doing their circles around
    Jones Beach on Thursday from 5:00 to 5:45PM

BTW, when I was over at FRG over the weekend I asked some of the ramp guys at the AAM
    and Modern Aviation (formerly Sheltair) if they knew if any of the Miltary Jets flying in the
    show would be using FRG, and they all said they heard the Thunderbirds, F-35B Demo team
    and the EA-18G Growlers would all be using ISP this year unfortunately.
    Some good news is that warbirdnews.com just posted a press release from the AAM that they're
    expecting to have some Growlers again this year for static display, like they've done the past 2 years!

Here's the press release link on Warbird News from May 10th:
    American Airpower Museum's WWII Aircraft Joining Jones Beach Air Show (warbirdsnews.com)

Shame that the jets are all staging from ISP this year, but kind have come to expect it during Thunderbird years. Surprised the Growler Legacy Team is going there as well.

I can imagine at least in part that they are staying at ISP due to the construction that is happening on Taxiway A at FRG which is next to Runway 14/32.

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    I can imagine at least in part that they are staying at ISP due to the construction that is happening on Taxiway A at FRG which is next to Runway 14/32.
    More about runway length.
    Glenn

Shame the Thunderbirds are coming in late Thursday. Was hoping to head to the beach for circles
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    More about runway length.
    Was thinking the Growler Team at least could stay at FRG cause they can use 14/32 but who knows the real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    Was thinking the Growler Team at least could stay at FRG cause they can use 14/32 but who knows the real reason.
    My bad, thought you meant the other demo teams. That is odd though that the Growler demo is using Islip but AMM is having Growlers come in to Republic for static display
    Glenn