Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 27th and 28th

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Thunderbirds only used Republic in 2009, before that they used JFK.
    The Thunderbirds also used Republic in 2007, and I'll never forget the flybys over FRG with the B-1s that year also !!
    The good old days at Republic in 2007 on Air Show weekend >>>

According to Flightradar24, Tbird 8 will be arriving around 4pm today..

Quote Originally Posted by bgny61 View Post
    According to Flightradar24, Tbird 8 will be arriving around 4pm today..
    Good catch!
    Hopefully the rest of the team arrives around the sametime on Thurs. inorder to make the 5:00 TFR at Jones Beach also!

Thunderbird 8 is currently up on flight radar 24, but it is showing as a stratotanker, and it appears it left from March Air Force Base near Anaheim. It does have ISP as it's destination though

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    The Thunderbirds also used Republic in 2007, and I'll never forget the flybys over FRG with the B-1s that year also !!
    The good old days at Republic in 2007 on Air Show weekend >>>
    Oh wow, I swore it was just the one year. And I'm still pissed I missed the B-1. That's something different we need back in the show
    Glenn

Just talked to the AAM and they're expecting 2 Growlers into FRG on Thurs. between 4:00 - 6:00PM at FRG.
    Remember they're traveling cross country from WA state with probably 2 fuel stop overs so there could be a delay.

I believe T-Bird#8 has arrived over Long Island cause I just heard a very loud jet on the south shore in the direction of Jones Beach !!

I believe T-Bird#8 has arrived over Long Island cause I just heard a very loud jet on the south shore in the direction of Jones Beach !!
    Came here to post this, hearing it in Seaford

Hi since the Thunderbirds aren't sleeping at FRG this year, then what channel/frequency on LiveATC would be best to hear what's going on? I'm planning to take a drive to the beach tomorrow in case they have a short practice. Worst case if they don't show up...I get some time at the beach :-)

Thanks for any ideas. -Dave-

FYI - Heard the USMC F-35B Demo team is due into ISP around 2:30 today.

Awesome. I saw the Thunderbird C-17 is due around 4:00 also. The Growler Team is headed to Islip as well aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    Hi since the Thunderbirds aren't sleeping at FRG this year, then what channel/frequency on LiveATC would be best to hear what's going on? I'm planning to take a drive to the beach tomorrow in case they have a short practice. Worst case if they don't show up...I get some time at the beach :-)

Thanks for any ideas. -Dave-
    I heard Thunderbird 8 on Islip Tower Frequency 119.3 yesterday. Not sure if they will be active, but late last night I decided to program in the Military Islip frequencies as well. They are 239.300 and 335.500. I can also post the discreet frequencies used by the Thunderbirds as well. But they are not going to be useful to anybody unless you have a military scanner. If anybody wants them let me know. If you are going for a catch all frequency, I would recommend the Air Boss frequency 128.250. This frequency is normally used for Farmingdale ground control. But is used exclusively during the air show.

Growler Team commented on their Instagram that they are expecting 6pm arrival at MacArthur.

Golden Knights are showing about 2 pm arrival time at FRG on FlightRadar24 as well now.

Thanks for the info. My only experience watching planes at ISP is when I’m flying Southwest or dropping the wife off at Southwest. Is there a “best” place to hang to see/photo the aircraft as they arrive?

Tnx.