Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UNGA 2022

UNGA 2022

It's already that time of year again (well, we have a couple weeks left, but we're close enough)! I'm hopeful that we'll be back to nearly a full roster this year for the UN General Assembly. Based on my findings, it seems like over 80% of world leaders plan to attend in person this year, a much higher number than last year and of course the year prior. I haven't tracked anything going into New York yet (it's way too early, anyway), but I thought it would be good to get the thread started early just in case some planes sneak in during the first weeks of September.

Unfortunately, Burkina Faso's 727 has been grounded for quite some time now, so I don't expect that one to come. This may be the end of the classic African birds (i.e. Burkina, Gambia IL-62, Congo 707).

However, some new aircraft that we may see are the Cyprus Legacy 650 (kindly donated by the Greeks just last month - CAF-001), Germany A350, Israel 767-300, and Korea 747-8.

Hope everyone's been having a great summer! Excited for what's to come over the next several weeks.
    Last edited by jbluflyermatt; 2022-09-12 at 07:47 PM.

Here's a Wikipedia entry of what Heads of State from around the world typically use for transport. This might be a good resource for anyone trying to determine what could come in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_tr...and_government
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    Here's a Wikipedia entry of what Heads of State from around the world typically use for transport. This might be a good resource for anyone trying to determine what could come in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_tr...and_government
    Thanks for sharing! Yeah this is a great source. I'd also recommend looking through past UNGA threads here on NYCAviation.

Definitely looking forward to UNGA 2022! It’s the Super Bowl for spotters.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

While stuck in Florida .. it's great to see the pictures from everyone!! Look forward to seeing all of this!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    While stuck in Florida .. it's great to see the pictures from everyone!! Look forward to seeing all of this!!
    I'm in Cleveland for college, so I feel that haha.

On a side note, the Nigerian Air Force G550 (5N-FGW) just landed into Andrews, calling as NGR002. Likely unrelated to UNGA, but thought I'd throw it out there.

9/2 update: Nigeria out and headed back over the Atlantic.

9/8 AM update: not sure what they were doing in Wilmington, but one of the Egypt Falcon 7Xs (SU-BTT) left Wilmington DE this morning, crossing back over the Atlantic, after a two day stay. Prior to ILG they were in Wichita for about a week.

9/8 PM update: Argentina’s 735 is on its way to Houston!
    Last edited by jbluflyermatt; 2022-09-08 at 09:32 PM.

Hi all. Matt you do great work. Keep it coming.

Argentine Air Force B735, T-04, landed at Dulles today.

Quote Originally Posted by airboss3 View Post
    Hi all. Matt you do great work. Keep it coming.

Argentine Air Force B735, T-04, landed at Dulles today.
    Appreciate it, and thanks for the info!

To add to my previous post, the economy minister of Argentina is visiting DC and Houston 9/6-9/12. The Argentina President will be at the UNGA 9/19-9/20.

With the funeral of Queen Elizabeth most likely taking place on Monday 19 September, many heads of government and state will be attending the funeral and presumably many of them who are going to the UNGA will depart from London to New York as it will only be 2 days apart.

*local time is UTC/Zulu-4:00*

Sept. 10
    0920L: Of course the Brazilians are already here. One of their VC-99Bs/E135s, FAB2585, is on the approach for either TEB or EWR (this might be their first time using an NJ airport), calling as BRS056 *confirmed Teterboro - thanks AAORDTOWER!*. The Ivory Coast G550 (TU-VAE) is on its way from Abidjan to Dulles, IVY02. Not New York but I’ll note that it's in the area. Like springbok said, Queen Elizabeth’s funeral (rest in peace, Queen Elizabeth) is likely to be a day or two before the start of the General Assembly, which means that anyone going to London to attend the funeral won’t be here until Monday at the very earliest. Therefore, the usual weekend rush may not be as much of a rush. Just something to keep in mind.

1300L: Brazil was a drop and go, repositioned to Dulles.

Sept. 11 (Never Forget)
    0950L: I guess the Qataris were actually the first ones here. A7-HBJ, one of their Amiri Flight 747-8s, arrived into Kennedy last Monday, 9/5. It hasn’t left JFK since.

1200L: Aaaand Qatar is out, heading southbound. Departed about an hour ago. Also keeping an eye on a Colombian Air Force 737-400, FAC1208, trekking northeast through Colorado. The Colombians usually bring in a cargo plane a week or so before their president comes, so this may be headed our way.

1800L: Colombia landed in the Dayton OH area. Qatar went to Miami and is airborne again headed back towards the New York area. I’ll keep an eye on it *1905L update: Qatar on the approach into Kennedy*.

2210L: Qatar in and out of JFK. Repositioned to Stewart.

Sept. 12
    0900L: Good morning! Currently watching Botswana’s Global, OK1, on the descent into Cape Verde, calling as F001. A lot of planes out of Africa fuel stop here, so something to keep an eye on.

1020L: Colombia’s 734 is airborne, once again heading northeast. On the descent in western PA, so probably coming into the NY area *landed Stewart 1100L - thanks NWA DC9!*.

1835L: Looks like Botswana is staying in Cape Verde for now. Please also see below for a revised list of speakers as of 9/2.

Sept. 13
    0800L: Botswana is airborne out of Cape Verde. Nose is pointed a bit south of New York, so it may be headed for the DC area. Also crossing the Atlantic are Morocco’s 747-400, CN-RGA, calling as FRV1214, and Monaco’s Falcon 8X, 3A-MGA.

0910L: Another Brazil, this time a VC-2/E190 (FAB2590), on the descent over the Atlantic as BRS03. Looks to be coming into JFK *confirmed JFK*.

1105L: Morocco is descending through FL230 over Boston, so definitely coming here. Botswana is about to hit the coast over Jacksonville, so definitely NOT coming here right now.

1400L: Brazil dropped and repositioned to Islip, Morocco went directly to Stewart, Botswana went to Houston (they did the same in 2019 I believe), and Monaco is over Boston at FL250, so inbound for the New York area (probably TEB or EWR). Will update on Monaco once it lands.

1525L: Monaco went to Teterboro. A Kuwait A340-500, 9K-GBB, is just off the coast of France as KUG003. If it’s coming to New York, 7 ish hours out *Kuwait confirmed to SWF. ETA 2200L*.

2310L: Kuwait landed at SWF. Ivory Coast’s 550 is departing Washington heading back to Abidjan, so that one's off our radar for now.

Sept. 14
    1030L: Qatar’s 748 repositioned from SWF to JFK this morning and took off outta JFK about an hour ago, heading back over the Atlantic. Jordan’s G650, VQ-BNZ, is crossing the English Channel westbound as RJA950. About seven hours out if coming to New York (usually LGA).

1300L: Brazil’s 190 is out of Islip climbing south through the flight levels, so tchau for now! Jordan is halfway-ish across the Atlantic.

1720L: Jordan just landed LGA. Colombia's 734 repositioned from Stewart to Dulles about an hour ago.

1920L: Jordan is repositioning from LGA to Islip, the usual repo spot for them.

2215L: Morocco’s 744 just departed Stewart and is leveled off at 5k. Seems to be headed for JFK. One of Angola’s Falcon 900s, D2-ANT, just landed in Cape Verde from Luanda. I’ll keep an eye on this one.

Sept. 15
    1100L: Morocco went to JFK then crossed back over the Atlantic last night. D2-ANT returned to Luanda this morning (thanks springbok for that!). One of Belgium's Falcon 7Xs, OO-FAE, is heading southwest through southern New York at FL360, calling as BAF80, so this one isn't coming here at the moment. Good find AAORDTOWER, I totally missed this one!

1210L: Belgium went to Dulles. A Qatar Amiri A320, A7-HSJ, is climbing through the flight levels westbound out of Paris. I'll keep an eye on it.

1405L: Also keeping an eye on EI-LSN, a GainJet G650 which operates for Rwanda. It flew from Kigali (I think?) to Valencia and is now heading westbound out of Spain towards the Atlantic.

1835L: Botswana is airborne heading northeast through Mississippi, so it’s probably headed our way now. Qatar Amiri is in Maine, and Rwanda is in Canada *1925L update: Qatar on final approach for JFK*.

2025L: Rwanda on final for White Plains. Botswana on the descent near Philly for either TEB or EWR *confirmed TEB*.

2235L: Qatar 320 repositioned from JFK to Stewart. Monaco departed east out of TEB and is headed back towards the Atlantic.

Last edited by jbluflyermatt; 2022-09-24 at 11:49 AM.

The Brazilian just landed at Teterboro at 09:34.
    Jeff
    Chicago, IL

The South African BBJ , ZS-RSA should be going into Washington/ Andrews probably on Thursday 15th as will be meeting with Biden on Friday 16th. Not sure when will leave for New York. (Possibility he may go to London after Biden visit for Queens funeral but not confirmed yet)

The Colombia 734 landed at Stewart about an hour ago.

Hi guys. What is a CD on the delegations to speak? North Korea to speak on the 26th with a CD. I know what a HS is. Could anyone chime in? Thx!!