Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    Warbirds did some flying at the museum today and was able to see the F-35s fly just north of Republic on their way back to MacArthur. Also does anyone know what planes will be flying in the heritage and legacy flights?
    I think Andrew McKenna will be flying his P-51 in the Heritage flight tomorrow with the F-22,
    but I haven't heard anything about who's flying the Legacy flight with the F-35Cs??
    And I agree, I don't see why the single ship military demo jets can't give FRG a flyby on their way back to ISP.
    At least the F-35Cs made an effort to pass just north of FRG today through the broken clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

A collage of the F35 high speed pass from on the bay.
    Nice VAPOR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    I think Andrew McKenna will be flying his P-51 in the Heritage flight tomorrow with the F-22,
    but I haven't heard anything about who's flying the Legacy flight with the F-35Cs??
    And I agree, I don't see why the single ship military demo jets can't give FRG a flyby on their way back to ISP.
    At least the F-35Cs made an effort to pass just north of FRG today through the broken clouds!
    I saw a Corsair fly into KFRG at about 6pm on Flightradar24 so maybe that will be used for the legacy flight. N46FG for those curious.

As expected, it's a beautiful day at Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by Billbo1970 View Post
    As expected, it's a beautiful day at Jones!
    Sure is! Some clouds are rolling in but they seem to be high. Anyone know the ceiling??

Anyone know what time the Jets from ISP are supposed to be on the beach?

F-35s wrapping up. Guess the schedule changed a bit

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    F-35s wrapping up. Guess the schedule changed a bit
    Didn't even hear them take off/land
    Glenn

Are we expecting the Blue Angels to land from north to south (towards the southern state) at KFRG?

Does anyone know when the F22 and F35's will be leaving Islip? And when the Blue Angels and Growlers are leaving Farmingdale?

Quote Originally Posted by bgny61 View Post
    Does anyone know when the F22 and F35's will be leaving Islip? And when the Blue Angels and Growlers are leaving Farmingdale?
    Talked to the F-22 Demo team who were selling swag down at the beach and they're departing ISP some time on Tues. morning,
    and I also spoke to the F-35C Demo guys and they didn't know yet if they were leaving on Mon. or Tues. morning, cause they said
    it all depends on what bases can accommodate them for their 2 fueling stops back to CA and when with Monday being a holiday.

Blue Angels are scheduled to depart Monday morning around 9AM I believe, and the 2 Growlers will be leaving sometime on Tues. morning.
    Last edited by Chris S; 2022-05-29 at 04:27 PM.

The weather might not have cooperated for 2 days but I just want to say thank you to the members of this forum who put the important information out there so concisely. Thank you everyone for a great weekend. Look forward to seeing all your beautiful pictures from the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bgny61 View Post
    Thanks Chris appreciate it

Show was great today. Thanks again to the members of this forum for another great year. Really appreciate the info that helps us all enjoy the show just a little bit more than normal. See ya next year!

Awesome show today, F-35s we’re awesome as were the Blues and everyone else! Looking on YouTube it appears that this was the last performance of the skytypers at Jones Beach as they apparently are disbanding after one more show next month. Is anyone able to confirm that this was their last show?
    Last edited by RCFLYER86; 2022-05-29 at 09:38 PM.