Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

The Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach is less than a month away now, so it's time to fire up the thread for it once again!

Here's the official website link to find out the latest show info and download the Bethpage Air Show Mobile App also:
    Bethpage Air Show | at Jones Beach State Park

The 2022 Bethpage Air Show will take place Saturday, May 28, and Sunday, May 29, from 10AM-3PM.
    Note: Advanced purchase of parking tickets is not required or being offered this year.
    All attendees will be required to pay the $10 parking fee per car onsite at the parking field.
    The $10 parking fee is covered if you have a New York State Parks Empire Pass.
    No other tickets are required to enjoy the air show!

2022 Confirmed Performers:

• US Navy Blue Angels
    • US Air Force F-22 Raptor Demo
    • US Navy F-35C Lightning Demo
    • US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
    • U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Demo
    • 106th Air National Guard Rescue Wing Search and Rescue Demo
    • American Airpower Museum Warbirds
    • Skytypers
    • Mike Goulian
    • David Windmiller
    • Jessy Panzer
    • Farmingdale State College Flying Rams

Any idea of where the Blue Angel, F-22 and F-35 will stage out of for the air show? Farmingdale or Islip?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC787 View Post
    Any idea of where the Blue Angel, F-22 and F-35 will stage out of for the air show? Farmingdale or Islip?

The Blue Angels should be staging out of FRG as usual, hopefully over by the terminal again,
    and I've also heard that the F-22 and F-35C Demo teams will be staging out of ISP.

Does anyone have arrival times or dates yet or is it still too early?

Also, why do we always seem to get the same or similar acts every year? Would love to see some different aircraft come to the show. Love that we get the f22 and f35 this year and def not complaining about that at all, but most years seem to be the same show. Would love to see an f117 or b2 come by. Is it the date? Is it funding?

Does anybody know if the Skytypers are really going to be in the show? Currently, to my knowledge they do no have a sponsor. They do appear to be scheduled for a few shows this year. But currently, there are no indications on the WEB that they are still flying. I work right near Republic Airport and have not seen them even do a single test flight. Right now I am very skeptical about them being in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post

Also, why do we always seem to get the same or similar acts every year? Would love to see some different aircraft come to the show. Love that we get the f22 and f35 this year and def not complaining about that at all, but most years seem to be the same show. Would love to see an f117 or b2 come by. Is it the date? Is it funding?
    F-117 is retired but would have been cool. Agree that it's the same performers each year but I just consider us lucky to even have one. Actually there's less performers this year. Sean Tucker is no more, there used to be more civilian acts, the Snowbirds had to back out due to training issues, and now it seems Sky Typers are a question mark. The year with the Thurnderbirds, Snowbirds and Breitling jet team (2015) was the best.
    Glenn

Stacked show this year, jet wise. F-35 is a great replacement for the Snowbirds dropping out. Hope we get good weather.

No confirmed arrival dates and times yet, but Blue Angel #7 usually arrives later on Wed. after the Blue Angels do their Air Show down in Annapolis.
    The rest of the team will usually arrive on Thurs. morning at FRG and then do their "circles and arrivals" down at Jones Beach on Thurs. afternoon.
    The USAF F-22 and USN F-35C Demo teams will probably be arriving sometime on Thurs. at ISP.

As far as changing up the Air show acts, you'd have to contact the show producers, but I'm sure the bottom line is their budget for the show.
    Yeah, we've been lucky to have an annual show over the Memorial Day weekend at Jones Beach since 2004, with the Blues Angels and Thunderbirds
    usually rotating each year on headlining the show, and also getting other Military single jet demos from the US Air Force and Navy and Canada also.
    It was too bad that the Canadian Snowbirds had to cancel being at Jones Beach this year cause of weather and Covid delays in their Spring Training.
    FYI - the F-117 Stealth fighter is pretty much retired from active duty and doing any Air shows but still takes part in some special training missions.
    It would be cool if the Air Force could send either the B-1, B-2 or B-52 to do some flybys at Jones Beach also, especially with this year being the
    75th Anniversary of the USAF, but I know they're always hard to schedule with all the commercial air traffic flying into JFK and the Tri-State area.
    Last edited by Chris S; 2022-05-12 at 11:14 AM.

According to the AAM's Instagram page, they are planning on hosting the EA-18 Growlers on static display again this year. Any info on when they might arrive?

Excited to see this thread up again! Counting down the days till Memorial Day weekend.

As far as the Skytypers participating - I feel pretty confident that they will be. When I heard back in December that they were no longer being sponsored by GEICO and noticed that their website had been quietly taken down, I thought that was a wrap for the team. But they are listed on the Bethpage FCU airshow website (which does get updated fairly frequently if acts change). They have also been highlighted on the airshow's social media pages. Also - they are now only referred to as "Skytypers" on these posts which seems to me as a further indication that they will be flying but not as GEICO-sponsored group. I've seen on another airshow website that they are also scheduled for a Pennsylvania airshow.

I'm also happy to learn that the Growlers are returning to the AAM. In late March I heard that some were deployed to eastern Europe in light of the situation going on over there (I believe those being deployed were from the same air base in Washington). So wasn't sure if they would be making a return. Last year the Growlers arrived on the Thursday evening prior to the airshow. Let's see when they arrive this year.

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Quote Originally Posted by WW2 Warbirds View Post
    Does anybody know if the Skytypers are really going to be in the show? Currently, to my knowledge they do no have a sponsor. They do appear to be scheduled for a few shows this year. But currently, there are no indications on the WEB that they are still flying. I work right near Republic Airport and have not seen them even do a single test flight. Right now I am very skeptical about them being in the show.
    I live right by the end of the runway, the Sky Typers have been flying, in the past week, they went up at least 4 times, usually only one or two at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I live right by the end of the runway, the Sky Typers have been flying, in the past week, they went up at least 4 times, usually only one or two at a time.
    That is great news. Thanks for letting us all know this. I work in the area. Glad to see that it has just been poor timing on my part.

Good to hear about the Sky Typers. Not sure when they became sponsored by Geico but growing up going to see them at Republic in the late 80 early 90s they were just the Sky Typers.
    Glenn

Great to hear the US Navy EA-18 Growlers will be visiting FRG and the AAM again this year!!
    It's definitely going to be LOUD at FRG over the Memorial Day weekend with 7 Super Hornets from the Blue Angels and 2 Growlers visiting also!
    And if that's not enough noise for ya, you can also catch "Top Gun: Maverick" in the theaters over the Memorial Day weekend too!!
    BTW, Here's a new one minute sneak peak video of some of the Super Hornets in action !

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale

We usually go to a few other shows within a few hours drive to see performers. For example, next weekend in Dover, Md - about a 3 -3-1/2 hour drive each way, they have a hell of a line up: Both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds, C-17 demo, C-5 demo, B2 flyover, and many others. Well worth the drive in my opinion!