Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    Looking at Flightradar24 some helicopters just flew to it, the UH-1 and a bell 407
    They appeared to land at the theater parking lot

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    Anyone at the beach? Any updates?
    Just got here, kind of crowded for not great weather but I think all they've had so far is the coast guard rescue team

Any word on F-22 or F-35? Should have been here by now, but not looking good :-(

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    Any word on F-22 or F-35? Should have been here by now, but not looking good :-(
    I live near isp and haven’t heard anything at all.

Seems like they are content with bouncing some of the other acts to fit in the jets and stunt planes. The sun is really fighting to get itself out here at the beach but according to the announcer just stated FRG is at 800 feet, but the f35 should be coming soon

One of them just left
    Glenn

F35's just did their demo, incredible!

Anyone know if there’s still open parking at Jones? Thinking about going there now to catch the Blues! Do we know if they’re going?

Quote Originally Posted by mazgirl10 View Post
    Anyone know if there’s still open parking at Jones? Thinking about going there now to catch the Blues! Do we know if they’re going?
    They just announced the rest of the show is cancelled due to severe weather expected in 40 minutes...should have bumped the skytypers for the blue angels

Yeah we scratched going to Jones it was too late, few minutes after getting to Republic it was cancelled. Tomorrow is another day!

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    Looking at ADSB exchange it might be the Growlers.
    Yes, the 2 Growlers arrived around 10:20. The first one flew over RWY 14 at about 300-400 ft. before it disappeared back into the clouds
    circled around and then landed. The second Growler came straight into RWY 14 and actually landed before the first one.
    They'll be on display over at the American Airpower Museum for the weekend and should be departing on Tuesday morning sometime.
    Just a reminder, the Growlers will NOT be flying in the air show. It was arranged by one of the Growler pilots who grew up on Long Island.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC787 View Post
    Will this be the show order for tomorrow too?
    Not sure, but it will probably be pretty close to what the schedule will be for Sunday especially with the better weather forecast.
    I know the weather conditions pretty much messed up most of the scheduled times for today and that the F-35Cs did a Demo,
    but the F-22s didn't today, and that the Coast Guard flew but I don't think the 106th flew ??
    If I do happen to see another schedule for Sunday I'll post it here.

Warbirds did some flying at the museum today and was able to see the F-35s fly just north of Republic on their way back to MacArthur. Also does anyone know what planes will be flying in the heritage and legacy flights?

Why can't the F-22s & F-35s fly past KFRG on their way back to ISP? It's not like it's out of their way!!

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale

A collage of the F35 high speed pass from on the bay.