Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

Update: Blue Angel #7's arrival time today at FRG is approximately 5PM now.
    Heard that info from 2 different sources with the FAA and Media also.

After Fat Albert and the Blues arrive on Thursday between 8:00 - 9:30AM, the 4-ship Diamond is supposed to take off between 10:30 - 10-45AM to do their circles down at Beach starting at 11AM,
    and then 2 solos will follow them between 11:30 - Noon. In the afternoon Fat Albert will practice down at the beach around 1PM, and then the Blue Angels will do a full practice show starting at 2PM.

Thats great info. Appreciate all the work!

Do we know when the F-22 & F-35 are scheduled to arrive yet?

I'm not sure but I do know Islip is far less friendly for spotters. Wish that wasn't the case

Unfortunately, haven't heard anything yet about the arrival times for the F-22 or F-35C.
    I would think the F-22 would be arriving first since it's closer coming up for Langley AFB in VA,
    because the F-35C is coming all the way from NAS Lemoore in CA.

BTW, on a side note, I saw Top Gun: Maverick last night and it was definitely worth the wait!!
    All I'll say for now is do yourself a favor and definitely see it in IMAX cause the cinematography and sound is just AMAZING !!

From which squadron does the F-35C belong to? Anyone know?

Hi All
    Great to see the thread active for another air show.

For the 16th straight year, I have published my Air Show Frequency list and have a live feed up and running to capture the audio from the cockpits as best I can. The feed is up and running now and will remain up through Memorial Day.

Right now the feed has a lot of extra aviation traffic on it and will be cut back as we get closer to air show and practice times.

You can view the frequency list and listen to the feeds at www.w2lie.net/airshow
    For those looking to listen on their mobile device, you can download the Scanner Radio App by Gordon Edwards and searching by the newest additions.

Later this week, I'll post my link to my YouTube channel where I also stream the live feed and overlay ADS-B and UAT traffic that I am receiving at home to track the planes.

73 - Phil / w2lie
    http://www.w2lie.net
    Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums (Air Show Scanner feed is on the "Special" Stream!)

Quote Originally Posted by NYC787 View Post
    From which squadron does the F-35C belong to? Anyone know?
    The Navy F-35C Demo team is from VFA-125 "Rough Riders" from NAS Lemoore in CA.

BTW, hopefully the Navy F-35C Demo team flies a similar demo profile as they did last year over Pensacola Beach
    where the back-up F-35C joins in the fun toward the end with a cool sneak pass too!!
    Last edited by Chris S; 2022-05-25 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Squelch View Post
    Hi All
    Great to see the thread active for another air show.

For the 16th straight year, I have published my Air Show Frequency list and have a live feed up and running to capture the audio from the cockpits as best I can. The feed is up and running now and will remain up through Memorial Day.

Right now the feed has a lot of extra aviation traffic on it and will be cut back as we get closer to air show and practice times.

You can view the frequency list and listen to the feeds at www.w2lie.net/airshow
    For those looking to listen on their mobile device, you can download the Scanner Radio App by Gordon Edwards and searching by the newest additions.

Later this week, I'll post my link to my YouTube channel where I also stream the live feed and overlay ADS-B and UAT traffic that I am receiving at home to track the planes.

Very cool!! Great job as always, Phil !

A blue and yellow single prop acrobatic plane just arrived at republic

BTW, after Blue Angel #7 arrives later this afternoon, they'll probably be testing of the arresting cable with #7 also,
    so that everything is ready for tomorrow morning when the rest of the team arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    A blue and yellow single prop acrobatic plane just arrived at republic
    If it looks like this aircraft, then it's David Windmiller

Yes it did, could only make out the writing on the side but that was it, sounded great coming in.