Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

The 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach Thread
    Hosted by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation
    Title Sponsor: Bethpage Federal Credit Union

Event Details
    Address: Wantagh, NY 11793
    Dates: Friday May 28th (Practice Show), Saturday May 29th, Sunday May 30th
    Time: 10am-3pm
    Radio Frequency: TBA
    Cost: You need to reserve a $10 parking pass for each day (including the Friday practice show). You'll also be given an arrival window.
    Note: Parking passes for the Saturday and Sunday shows are sold-out but there are still some available for the Friday practice. Visit the NYS Parks page to purchase your passes.

***Latest Bethpage Air Show News***
    Updated 5/8, 9:50AM: 3 Super Hornets are scheduled to arrive at the AAM on the morning of Thursday, May 27th. They will be static displays at the museum for the duration of the air show / Memorial Day weekend.

2021 Confirmed Performers:
    • US Air Force Thunderbirds
    • US Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II
    • US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
    • 106th Air National Guard Rescue Wing
    • U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Demonstration
    • Civil Air Patrol
    • American Airpower Museum Warbirds
    • GEICO Skytypers
    • Bayport Aerodrome Society
    • David Windmiller
    • Mike Goulian
    • Farmingdale State College Flying Rams

2019's Air Show Attendance:
    369,000 attendees (total)
    68,000 attendees (Friday)
    114,000 attendees (Saturday)
    187,000 attendees (Sunday)

This thread will serve as the go-to for all things related to the 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach. Join the discussion and be sure to check back on this post, as it will be updated regularly to reflect the most up-to-date information.
    Last edited by Fighting Falcon; 05-08-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Caught a glimpse of David Windmiller landing at Republic yesterday evening!

I'll be stationed over at KFRG, helping out with Civil Air Patrol on the field. As far as I know, this may very well be the first time CAP actually participates IN the Airshow itself, with CAP aircraft. The details are still being worked out.

Interesting how they have the 106th and Coast Guard, probably just gonna be some C-130 flybys from the 106th. Also with construction at KFRG I have a feeling that activities there will severely hampered, whole taxiway and ramp area by the museum is being worked on currently. I also have a feeling the A-10s will park where the Blues usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    I'll be stationed over at KFRG, helping out with Civil Air Patrol on the field. As far as I know, this may very well be the first time CAP actually participates IN the Airshow itself, with CAP aircraft. The details are still being worked out.
    Should be fun to see what comes of it!

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    Interesting how they have the 106th and Coast Guard, probably just gonna be some C-130 flybys from the 106th. Also with construction at KFRG I have a feeling that activities there will severely hampered, whole taxiway and ramp area by the museum is being worked on currently. I also have a feeling the A-10s will park where the Blues usually do.
    I thought the same thing regarding the A10s. The AAM parking lot is already tight as it is with the construction going on. That whole area will be swamped air show weekend.

Lots of action at Republic today. The C-47 seems to have returned for the season and was up in the air for a good part of the day. Also caught a warbird (possibly the SBD-5) in the sky and an aerobatic plane doing a speedy pass upon return to the airport.

Jamaica, New York, United States, 111046035586548, Jamaica, New York
    Hello all,

I’d like to attend the JBAS on 05/30/21 (Sunday) but wasn’t able to secure a parking pass. Is anybody planning to go that day that has a spare seat in their vehicle and I can hitch a ride with? I’d gladly pay the parking pass fee. I am fully covid19 vaccinated. Please message or call me at 9172880819 or email me: [email protected] if you can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    David Abbey
    Queens Village, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbey View Post
    Hello all,

I’d like to attend the JBAS on 05/30/21 (Sunday) but wasn’t able to secure a parking pass. Is anybody planning to go that day that has a spare seat in their vehicle and I can hitch a ride with? I’d gladly pay the parking pass fee. I am fully covid19 vaccinated. Please message or call me at 9172880819 or email me: [email protected] if you can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    David Abbey
    Queens Village, NY
    Hope you're able to make it down, David.

AAM Update: 3 Super Hornets are scheduled to arrive at Republic on the morning of Thursday, May 27th. They'll be a static display at the AAM all weekend long.

Skytypers in the air and along Jones Beach this afternoon!

On my most recent check to the Bethpage air show website, I noticed that the 106th and Civil Air Patrol were removed from the featured list of performers. Hope that they're still a part of the show.