Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 138

Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

  1. #121
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    4
    Does Anyone know when the ThunderBirds are leaving Islip?

  2. #122
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by bgny61 View Post
    Does Anyone know when the ThunderBirds are leaving Islip?
    Thunderbird #7 said they were departing around 11AM on Thursday and heading to their next show site in TN.
    Their C-17 support aircraft will probably be departing about an hour after they depart also.

  3. #123
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    Presuming the Growlers have departed a few minutes ago - It sounded like they stayed low up until they reached the bay and then went vertical because I heard them for a good few minutes after they flew over (very loud).
    The A-10s departed around 10:15 and the Growlers departed around 12:15 and they all used RWY 14, and yes, the Growlers were very LOUD !

  4. #124
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    4

    Awesome

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Thunderbird #7 said they were departing around 11AM on Thursday and heading to their next show site in TN.
    Their C-17 support aircraft will probably be departing about an hour after they depart also.

    Thanks for the info. I'll be looking out for them.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    904
    FYI - According to the departures list on Flight Radar 24, the Thunderbirds "THBRD01"are now scheduled for a 1:00 departure from ISP
    and their C-17 support aircraft, call sign "THBRD14", is scheduled to depart around 2:20 today.
    Here's the link:
    Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

  6. #126
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3
    Didn't hear the F16s take off at 1:22. Departure board now shows a 5:20 time.

  7. #127
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesubaru View Post
    Didn't hear the F16s take off at 1:22. Departure board now shows a 5:20 time.
    Yeah, I saw that new departure time on FR24 posted for the Thunderbirds and also heard one of the
    ISP controllers mention he heard they were delayed also while I was listening to LiveATC before.

    According to Flightaware it looks like their C-17 support aircraft arrived at ISP last night around 6:00
    THBRD14 Flight Tracking and History 02-Jun-2021 (KSUU-KISP) - FlightAware

  8. #128
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Yeah, I saw that new departure time on FR24 posted for the Thunderbirds and also heard one of the
    ISP controllers mention he heard they were delayed also while I was listening to LiveATC before.

    According to Flightaware it looks like their C-17 support aircraft arrived at ISP last night around 6:00
    THBRD14 Flight Tracking and History 02-Jun-2021 (KSUU-KISP) - FlightAware
    I work not too far from the airport. The C-17 was still on the ramp 30 mins ago, TBIRDS still parked as well. May get to see all of them take off after work anyway :)

  9. #129
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    904
    Wow, FR24 is now posting that the Thunderbirds won't be departing ISP until Friday morning at 9:45AM !!
    Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

  10. #130
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3
    T-birds still at the airport this morning behind the North American building. When I passed last night, looked like there might have been some PR activities going on.

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
    Posts
    288
    They are getting ready to go
    Glenn

  12. #132
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3
    ... and they are gone. Took off to the south-west

  13. #133
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    4
    Saw and heard them as well.. :) C-17 Still here and one or two of the other F-16s as well

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
    Posts
    288
    Only 6 left, 2 more had canopies up
    Glenn

  15. #135
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    904
    According to FR24, it looks like the other 2 F-16s "THBRD02" are scheduled to depart around 11:45.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •