Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Good to see the 2021 Jones Beach Air show thread up and running here on NYCA again !
    FYI - I heard back from the show and the good news is the A-10 Demo jets will be using Republic Airport for the Air Show and won't going out to ISP with the Thunderbirds.
    I also talked to one of the guys at the AAM, and he said since the 3 Super Hornets will be on static display on the tarmac between Sheltair and AAM, it looks like the A-10s
    will probably be parked on the other side of the airport by the terminal most likely.
    Just as suspected, thanks for the info Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    I am able to confirm that Civil Air Patrol will NOT be participating in the show, as performers with aircraft. This change was a relatively late development. However, CAP personnel (myself included) will still be serving on the field at KFRG, as usual.
    Sad to hear, but CAP does do a great job supporting the show year after year at both the beach and airport. Enjoy the sights and sounds at KFRG!

With less than a week to go before the air show events are officially underway, the excitement is in the air! Over the last few days, I've been seeing lots of news coverage and social media posts about the air show next week. Lots of questions being asked too, so it's great to know that people are putting some extra thought into preparations this year. In case anyone didn't hear, the QR codes have been sent out via email this afternoon. There was also news this afternoon that a C-5 Galaxy will be added to the show for Saturday only. Another first for the air show!

In the past, the weekend prior to the air show often saw the first arrivals into KFRG. I know that Sean Tucker and the Screamin' Sasquatch team were ones who have historically arrived early, but without their participation this year I'm wondering who if any may be arriving over the next couple of days. I recall that the Golden Knights were also among the earliest arrivals, although two years ago they only showed up the morning of the Friday practice show.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Falcon View Post
    With less than a week to go before the air show events are officially underway, the excitement is in the air! Over the last few days, I've been seeing lots of news coverage and social media posts about the air show next week. Lots of questions being asked too, so it's great to know that people are putting some extra thought into preparations this year. In case anyone didn't hear, the QR codes have been sent out via email this afternoon. There was also news this afternoon that a C-5 Galaxy will be added to the show for Saturday only. Another first for the air show!

In the past, the weekend prior to the air show often saw the first arrivals into KFRG. I know that Sean Tucker and the Screamin' Sasquatch team were ones who have historically arrived early, but without their participation this year I'm wondering who if any may be arriving over the next couple of days. I recall that the Golden Knights were also among the earliest arrivals, although two years ago they only showed up the morning of the Friday practice show.
    No Sean Tucker this year? Don't recall a show without him!
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    No Sean Tucker this year? Don't recall a show without him!
    Unfortunately not. If I recall correctly he had plans to fly as a part of an aerobatic team, but his team's contract fell through due to COVID and they were forced to cancel everything. He even sold some of his planes.

where are the thunderbirds departing from? can I see them if they're stationed at FRG like the blue angels used to be? unfortunately tickets have been sold out for the show itself

The Thunderbirds stage from MacArthur and unfortunately there isn't any public viewing. Most of the other performers will be based out of Republic, as well as a group of super hornets that are on static display at the American Airpower Museum. So still plenty of action going on at Republic next weekend.

What would the best day to head out to the AAM to see all the aircraft? On Saturday ?
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    What would the best day to head out to the AAM to see all the aircraft? On Saturday ?
    Both days should be similar. If you're hoping to catch some of the flyovers, take-offs, and landings, then I'd recommend Saturday. The C-5 Galaxy is only scheduled to participate in the air show on Saturday, so there's a chance (although I'm not sure how likely) that it could do a flyover at Republic before departing from the airspace. The USCG Search and Rescue demo is also only scheduled for Saturday as of now and they'll be based out of New England, so it's conceivable that they could flyover on their way out also.

Unfortunately not. If I recall correctly he had plans to fly as a part of an aerobatic team, but his team's contract fell through due to COVID and they were forced to cancel everything. He even sold some of his planes.
    Wow! That stinks, always loved seeing him (then them) tear up the beach. Was wondering why i couldn't find anything on him for this season.
    Glenn

Jamaica, New York, United States, 111046035586548, Jamaica, New York
    Hope you're able to make it down, David.

AAM Update: 3 Super Hornets are scheduled to arrive at Republic on the morning of Thursday, May 27th. They'll be a static display at the AAM all weekend long.

Thanks, maybe I’ll go to AAM if I can’t see the air show at JB. Still looking for a ride and am willing to pay for the pass. It’s not a must see but I’ve enjoyed going to it each year. FRG will be a fair backup if necessary.

Jamaica, New York, United States, 111046035586548, Jamaica, New York
    Correct. Passes just needed for parking at Jones Beach. Sold out.

Is there a schedule/timeline yet? I plan to head to AAM on Saturday but if all the 'heavy hitters' are later in the day maybe a move to Stew Leonard's is in the cards for the sun.
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Hope you're able to make it down, David.

AAM Update: 3 Super Hornets are scheduled to arrive at Republic on the morning of Thursday, May 27th. They'll be a static display at the AAM all weekend long.
    Aside from the 3 Super Hornets. Does anybody know if anything else is going on at the AAM. They really haven't posted any info to the public. I know that things will be limited due to the construction. But I wouldn't have even known about the Super Hornets had it not been for this forum. It just seams like they have been very quiet.

Any word on the arrival times for the Superhornets Thursday?