Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 23rd and 24th

2020 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 23rd and 24th

The 2020 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach Thread
    Hosted by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation
    Title Sponsor: Bethpage Federal Credit Union

***CANCELLED, SEE EVERYONE NEXT YEAR!***

Event Details
    Address: Wantagh, NY 11793
    Dates: Friday May 22nd (Practice Show), Saturday May 23rd, Sunday May 24th
    Time: 10am-3pm
    Radio Frequency: TBA
    Cost: Free but there is a $10 parking fee for the Saturday and Sunday air shows.

***Latest BFCU Air Show News***
    Updated 3/6, 1:50PM: Long Island native David Windmiller has been confirmed for this year's lineup!

2020 Confirmed Performers
    • US Navy Blue Angels
    • US Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II
    • GEICO Skytypers
    • David Windmiller
      ...more performers will be added as they are confirmed

2020 Likely Additions
    • US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
    • Team Oracle: Sean D. Tucker and Jessy Panzer
    • American Airpower Museum Warbirds
    • Farmingdale State College Flying Rams

Last Year's Attendance (2019):
    301,000 attendees (total)
    114,000 attendees (Saturday)
    187,000 attendees (Sunday)

This thread will serve as the go-to for all things related to the 2020 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach, the 17th annual show. Join the discussion and be sure to check back on this post, as it will be updated regularly to reflect the most up-to-date information.
    Last edited by Fighting Falcon; 2020-05-20 at 06:05 PM.

PERFORMER UPDATE: The Geico Skytypers have confirmed their appearance at the air show again this year.

Excited to have the A-10 back!
    Glenn

Definitely! Brrrrt!

I just found one of my old programs from the 2007 air show that featured the A-10. Does anyone remember the last time the A-10 performed at Jones Beach? It had to be around 2010-2012, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Falcon View Post
    Definitely! Brrrrt!

I just found one of my old programs from the 2007 air show that featured the A-10. Does anyone remember the last time the A-10 performed at Jones Beach? It had to be around 2010-2012, right?
    I think the last time the A-10 Demo flew at the Jones Beach Air Show was back in 2011,
    when the T-Birds couldn't make it that year because of their European Tour schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    I think the last time the A-10 Demo flew at the Jones Beach Air Show was back in 2011,
    when the T-Birds couldn't make it that year because of their European Tour schedule.
    Thanks Chris. 9 years, I'd say it's long overdue.

PERFORMER UPDATE: Bethpage FCU confirmed today that David Windmiller (Long Island native) is returning for this year's show.
    Last edited by Fighting Falcon; 2020-03-06 at 02:53 PM.

The Blue Angels teased a photo of the new Fat Albert on social media earlier today. They mentioned that FA will be joining the team later in the spring, with no official date determined yet. Fingers crossed!

So at this point it's a safe bet that all Memorial Day events are going to be cancelled right ?
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    So at this point it's a safe bet that all Memorial Day events are going to be cancelled right ?
    Hate to be a downer but hard to see how this happens if we haven't peaked yet. Shame too as it's likely the last time they'll be hear in the legacy hornets
    Glenn

I think no news is good news at this point. If it does get cancelled, hopefully it's just a postponement and the Blues will start their schedule off with Jones Beach. I agree though, massive bummer if there's no show this year; I look forward to watching them take off from FRG every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    I think no news is good news at this point. If it does get cancelled, hopefully it's just a postponement and the Blues will start their schedule off with Jones Beach. I agree though, massive bummer if there's no show this year; I look forward to watching them take off from FRG every other year.
    Well, that didn't last long. Hearing the show is cancelled.

Show was officially cancelled today.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Yeah, I just got a Facebook notification that it's been cancelled. That also means Fleet Week is cancelled as well. The American Airpower museum really depended on those crowds to generate a huge chunk of revenue. Honestly at this point I would be not be surprised if the big July 4th fireworks show on the East river is cancelled as well to avoid those huge crowds.
    Last edited by alberchico; 2020-04-17 at 08:51 PM.
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Had a feeling seeing that they were already canceled through the weekend before. Shame, would have liked to have seen one last legacy Hornet show. Looking forward to 2022.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    Yeah, I just got a Facebook notification that it's been cancelled. That also means Fleet Week is cancelled as well. The American Airpower museum really depended on those crowds to generate a huge chunk of revenue. Honestly at this point I would be not be surprised if the big July 4th fireworks show on the East river is cancelled as well to avoid those huge crowds.
    Hopefully the can get the doc visit that was postponed in at least at some point.
    Glenn