Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fleet Week 2017

http://abcnews.go.com/US/navy-seal-k...ry?id=47695271

This is awful news!! I watched them perform at Eisenhower Park yesterday and afterwards watching as they interacted with the crowd, having a great time especially with the kids!! Just so terrible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    The AH-1W has a 9/11 New York skyline paint job on one side, and a small FDNY logo on the other.
    I remember seeing that ship at Eisenhower Park a few years ago. A different AH-1W flew in yesterday!!

Hi everybody!

This is a South American visitor who happened to bump into Fleet Week on Wednesday 24th while on nothing but a casual pass by the USS Intrepid museum.

I can confirm the four aircraft on board USS Kearsarge as well as an USCG drone on cutter Hamilton and two HSC-5 Sea Hawks flying by Hudson River on Friday 26th.

Not necessarily related to the above, also noted another USMC MV-22, an USAF H-60, two USN CH-53A and a couple Army H-60s flying around or from Manhattan between Tuesday 23th and Friday 26th.

Photos and serials + markings will be forthcoming once I finish off sorting the 1,000 photos I took during vacations.

Regards,

Carlos Ay
    Gaceta Aeronáutica

In case anyone is interested, here's my recap of the Fleet Week and other spotting activities in Manhattan right before Memorial Day:
    http://www.gacetaeronautica.com/gaceta/wp-101/?p=22052

Regards,

Carlos

Nice shots of the Intrepid stuff Carlos