Thread: Slightly off topic! Planning a road trip

Slightly off topic! Planning a road trip

Sorry for the off topic, but I'm in the early stages of planning a move to the Seattle area. Had enough of hot summers and cold winters in NJ!

Does anyone know of any websites where you can plan your stops by driving time between cities rather than guessing?

So for example driving from NJ to SEA I don't want to drive more than 12 hours a day, so wondered if there was anywhere I could plan the trip that way. I've got a provisional itinerary using Google Maps, but wanted to tweak it if possible.

Any help appreciated!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    Sorry for the off topic, but I'm in the early stages of planning a move to the Seattle area. Had enough of hot summers and cold winters in NJ!
    Trading that in for rain and clouds 24/7 LOL!! Just kidding!!
    Thats a Loooong drive. All by yourself? With 12 hours a day whats your ETA to Seattle?

I'm English Gerard so I'm used to rain and clouds 24/7!

Most times I've been out there for a visit, I've been lucky with the weather, long may it continue!

Yes it's a long drive by myself, unless someone wants to join me for all or part of the trip.

Planning on taking 1 week maximum. If I do it in less then so much the better. Some days I may do more than 12 hours driving if traffic is light and the weather is good, but plan on pit stops at airports instead of rest areas, plus maybe a bit of sightseeing once I get beyond IL/IN.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    I'm English Gerard so I'm used to rain and clouds 24/7!
    Most times I've been out there for a visit, I've been lucky with the weather, long may it continue!
    Yes it's a long drive by myself, unless someone wants to join me for all or part of the trip.
    Planning on taking 1 week maximum. If I do it in less then so much the better. Some days I may do more than 12 hours driving if traffic is light and the weather is good, but plan on pit stops at airports instead of rest areas, plus maybe a bit of sightseeing once I get beyond IL/IN.
    Sounds interesting!! You should keep a running thread here on your trip and stops at various airports!! I think others would enjoy that!!
    Haha the one time I visited London it rained only once and briefly the 4 days there, same with Ireland last year!! The running joke on our tour there was so many people were coming out into the streets to enjoy the weather the pubs were losing $$$$.