Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KEWR 11/23/14

KEWR 11/23/14

Someone requested for me to post this on the forums, but here's one thing - I don't really want to see any "I told you so, that's what you get" kind of posts here.

EWR was absolutely horrible yesterday! There were 3 of us (Me, and two friends). We avoided security at the Economy Parking Lot P6 for 3 hours...suddenly, an undercover cop came up, showed us his badge and motion us to come to him. He asked what we were doing and I told him that we were planespotting. My dad came out and the cop asked for his ID and took a picture of it with his iPhone. One of my friends questioned why it was illegal to film the planes and the cop replied, "Excuse me? You wanna take a visit to the police station and get arrested?" He forced us to leave and watched us as we left the lot. Never going back there again...I guess this was the real EWR treatment. From now on...JFK/LGA only!

Quote Originally Posted by CathayA340 View Post
    Someone requested for me to post this on the forums, but here's one thing - I don't really want to see any "I told you so, that's what you get" kind of posts here.
    Really? Why would we do that?

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    You gotta know a guy to go to Newark.

Just saying it. Told you so. You really should listen.
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Great to see you on the forums Cary!
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Some people just never learn.

Now why did you do that? Folks with years of spotting experiences have shared their stories about spotting at KEWR, and none of them were good. So, why would you think it would be any better? Folks on here provide good guidance but it seems individuals don't listen which could impact our spotting hobby.

NEXT TIME: Listen to others, do your research (look at the spotting guides posted here), and follow the rules .... otherwise, "I told you so". There are "NO ENTITLEMENTS" when it comes to spotting.
    Last edited by Zee71; 2014-11-26 at 04:58 PM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Now why did you do that? Folks with years of spotting experiences have shared their stories about spotting at KEWR, and none of them were good. So, why would you think it would be any better? Folks on here provide good guidance but it seems individuals don't listen which could impact our spotting hobby.

NEXT TIME: Listen to others, do your research (look at the spotting guides posted here), and follow the rules .... otherwise, "I told you so". There are "NO ENTITLEMENTS" when it comes to spotting.
    Well said Mark. EWR is an airport you can shoot at but you have to go about it a certain way. Seek counsel here. Ask questions and you will be fine.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I do have a couple things to say about - it could be somehow related to OP - spotting @ EWR.

This past summer I've met and spotted a couple or more times with spotter from MIA @ JFK...And what he told me: "MIA wasn't always friendly to plane spotters, but people just kept coming and spotting...coming and spotting...Then, some saw spotters as not some bad guys and things started to change..." And also, I was told: "You guys here @ JFK should do the same"...

If we don't do anything outlawed while spotting, what should we be afraid of? Of course, while spotting at some parking lot where hundreds of shoppers come and go, anyone shouldn't be walking with camera strap around ones neck - we not at wedding ceremony doing some shots....

Second, Bayswaters Park(On NYC Aviation planespotting guide)has WORSE than EWR review considering Security - noticed word: "detained"? Planespotting guide doesn't have that word in EWR guide and it looks not as bad location as Bayswaters...
    I've been detained @ Bayswaters late last year - it's a tread about on this subforum. I don't remember anyone telling me: "I told you so..." Should I stop going to Bayswaters again?
    Should I? NO...Would I? YES...

Why FOX NEWS have this - print, have with you and show a LEO, when encountered...

Why can't we be like that:

Last edited by Gintaras B.; 2014-11-26 at 08:17 PM.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    I do have a couple things to say about - it could be somehow related to OP - spotting @ EWR.

This past summer I've met and spotted a couple or more times with spotter from MIA @ JFK...And what he told me: "MIA wasn't always friendly to plane spotters, but people just kept coming and spotting...coming and spotting...Then, some saw spotters as not some bad guys and things started to change..." And also, I was told: "You guys here @ JFK should do the same"...

If we don't do anything outlawed while spotting, what should we be afraid of? Of course, while spotting at some parking lot where hundreds of shoppers come and go, anyone shouldn't be walking with camera strap around ones neck - we not at wedding ceremony doing some shots....

Second, Bayswaters Park(On NYC Aviation planespotting guide)has WORSE than EWR review considering Security - noticed word: "detained"? Planespotting guide doesn't have that word in EWR guide and it looks not as bad location as Bayswaters...
    I've been detained @ Bayswaters late last year - it's a tread about on this subforum. I don't remember anyone telling me: "I told you so..." Should I stop going to Bayswaters again?
    Should I? NO...Would I? YES...

Why FOX NEWS have this - print, have with you and show a LEO, when encountered...

Why can't we be like that:

Well said Gintaras, very interesting info. I wish EWR could be like MIA/ORD with airport watch, but that will never happen at this point. I haven't encountered any police/security at JFK but always at EWR. I will have a copy of this article with me during spotting at all times now.

CathayA340 What Article? don't use this forum post as thinking its ok to spot at EWR. have you not read anything everyone is trying to say to you.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Eric, and everyone else...why are you wasting your proverbial breath on this kid? He obviously doesn't have any intention of listening to anybody on here. The only way he well learn is when he gets detained.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    CathayA340 What Article? don't use this forum post as thinking its ok to spot at EWR. have you not read anything everyone is trying to say to you.
    http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/1...-around-world/
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Eric, and everyone else...why are you wasting your proverbial breath on this kid? He obviously doesn't have any intention of listening to anybody on here. The only way he well learn is when he gets detained.
    Steve...I hope you don't jinx yourself...unless you do some bagde(s)

NYC Aviation Planespotting guide does list Bayswaters more dangerous, unfriendly to spotters, as EWR...

Just wonder...why kid spotting @ EWR is treated on this forum different than I was:

http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...e-so-dangerous

Steve...why some of you are so mean to others? Does it make feel better about yourself? "I told you so"..."He obviously doesn't have any intention of listening to anybody on here"..."The only way he well learn is when he gets detained"...

Some get more access to planes, to get better shots...some will share, some(EGOs) - won't....

Why can't WE be more friendly to each other...to help each other????