Thread: Shore Parkway - Distant Photo Aero Mexico - warning low quality image

Shore Parkway - Distant Photo Aero Mexico - warning low quality image

I was out with my family Sunday afternoon (9/28) on shore parkway which runs along side the belt. I noticed what what appeared to be an Aero Mexico flight heading into JFK.
    When I examined the shot later I was surprised to see it was 737-800NG (XA-AMN) with Scimitar Winglets. First time I have seen one of these

I apologize for the low resolution/distant image

This towplane was flying overhead. I was surprised to learn that it's a 1947 Piper

View from shore parkway

The Belt Parkway is not the worst place to be caught in traffic when the weather is kind and they are using the Canarsie Approach or blasting off the 31's.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
    The Belt Parkway is not the worst place to be caught in traffic when the weather is kind and they are using the Canarsie Approach or blasting off the 31's.
    Speaking of which I got stuck in traffic this past Sunday on the belt, my son grabbed this shot as it flew by.

Here is a view of the traffic

I was also happy to get a better shot of the Aeromexico on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Speaking of which I got stuck in traffic this past Sunday on the belt, my son grabbed this shot as it flew by.

Here is a view of the traffic
    my point exactly !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Nice catch of Nippon Cargo 748 ! It's pretty dangerous to drive and to look at the planes
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Thanks, we were pretty much stuck in traffic at the time, just to be safe I asked my son to take the shot.
    The takeoffs made the wait bearable.

Is the new and improved garbage dump (ski slope/park) open yet? That's a great area to catch the Canarsie Approach. It's right by the Pennsylvania/Fountain Avenue Avenue exit/entrance, on Shore Parkway.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Have not seen any changes there except that the new Mayors name is now on the sign next to the highway