Thread: Baltia - America's newest airline

Baltia - America's newest airline

About

As a new U.S. airline, Baltia is undergoing the FAA Air Carrier Certification process. Upon completion of the certification, Baltia will be issued a Part 121 certificate.

Description

Baltia’s goal is to become the leading U.S. airline in the trans-Atlantic market between the major U.S. cities and the capital cities of Europe. With experienced management and in a lucrative and growing travel market Baltia intends to soar to success.
    Baltia’s objective is to provide high quality three-class passenger service, and reliable cargo and mail transportation. Baltia plans to start its flight operations during 2014, as the only U.S. airline connecting directly two of the world’s most prominent cities – New York and St. Petersburg.
    Baltia’s non-stop service from New York’s JFK to St. Petersburg will be approximately 8 hours, as compared to European connecting flights on foreign airlines taking 11 to 18 hours. Only a U.S. airline (as well as a reciprocal Russian airline) is entitled to fly non-stop. “Third nation” airlines, which are currently serving the market, can only operate connecting flights via their national airports.
    Management believes that the shortened flight time, elimination of a layover, elimination of the possibility of missing a connecting flight, and a high quality passenger service provided by a U.S. airline will attract the business traveler, ethnic traveler, and high-end tourist. During year one, Baltia plans to add additional airplanes and nonstop routes from JFK to Riga, Moscow, Kiev and Minsk. On the JFK-St. Petersburg route alone, management is projecting revenues for year one of operations at over $90 million at just 64% load factor.

[URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

This "airline" has been around for years, and will likely never go into the air. Some say it is just an investment scheme.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I'm with Phil on this one, I'll believe it when I see it. Their jet looks nice and appeared to be in great condition externally at Thunder Over Michigan a few weeks ago, and a large group of employees/investors (not sure which) were posing in front of the aircraft for photos and videos for a camera crew that I would assume is shooting for the company or the CEO. I just can't see how a one route, single aircraft business model will be profitable long run, especially with all the unrest in the region that they intend to fly.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them get off the ground, but it really seems like they're moving along quite slowly in the process and I have my doubts about their business model.

Well, I should confess, I might got too exited about wanting to see some new airplanes...

...and Thanks to Phil about this lesson: "do some more research instead of getting exited"....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Some say it is just an investment scheme.
    I do actually know an airline that has one aircraft and keep adding more flights...And some say same thing as Phil said...
    Well..Live and Learn....
    Last edited by Gintaras B.; 2014-08-18 at 09:11 PM.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]