Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Your Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net Pictures - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Smoketrails View Post
    My 1st shot got accepted a couple of weeks ago...
    That is one to be proud of. Sharp colors and beautiful subject. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post

Gintaras, Mark "Zee71" got a picture of us while hovering over HoBe :)
    Manny...I want to see it !
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Thanks all. Yes, Amrish and I rented a helo for a couple of hours.
    Manny, If you have the time to write it up, I would love to read all about this adventure.

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    -Don B.

Max, it was not much to it. First, most of the thanks goes to Amrish who worked with the helo operator and the tower. I was a willing participant :) The arrangements were to pre-determine the areas we would be allowed to be on-station. Tower agreed, all checked out, green light. LOTS of communication between Helo company / Tower via POTS before the day and just prior to liftoff.

You take off from Linden (the closest / cheapest heliport) and head to Verrazano. Get clearance from EWR to cross their Class B. After Coney, you get handed off the JFK Class B and wait. Once cleared, you cross into JFK proper, cross or stay on the side of the RWY you want. When your pilot says we have enough fuel to get back to EWR, you say bye to JFK Tower and reverse the procedure.
    While on station, the Tower accomodated us as much as we wanted within the pre-arranged areas. The area directly behind the tower between the 13/31s was OK to be in from 1,000' to 1,500' AGL. We got allowed that area and a swath of sky just south of 31L/13R over Jamaica Bay to shoot 31L arr. or dep.

Most of the work was the leg work to get approvals etc. Amrish gets credit for all of it :)

Oh and it is expensive yes. We had an R-44. Even though it is more money, it can be split between two photographers which ends up being cheaper than a single photographer on an R-22. A third photographer would be screwed as the left side was most of where we wanted the action.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Manny!!!! Simply jaw dropping and a great job highlighting our home (JFK)! All of these should be TOP OF DAY! Absolutely stunning.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Max, it was not much to it. First, most of the thanks goes to Amrish who worked with the helo operator and the tower. I was a willing participant :) The arrangements were to pre-determine the areas we would be allowed to be on-station. Tower agreed, all checked out, green light. LOTS of communication between Helo company / Tower via POTS before the day and just prior to liftoff.

You take off from Linden (the closest / cheapest heliport) and head to Verrazano. Get clearance from EWR to cross their Class B. After Coney, you get handed off the JFK Class B and wait. Once cleared, you cross into JFK proper, cross or stay on the side of the RWY you want. When your pilot says we have enough fuel to get back to EWR, you say bye to JFK Tower and reverse the procedure.
    While on station, the Tower accomodated us as much as we wanted within the pre-arranged areas. The area directly behind the tower between the 13/31s was OK to be in from 1,000' to 1,500' AGL. We got allowed that area and a swath of sky just south of 31L/13R over Jamaica Bay to shoot 31L arr. or dep.

Most of the work was the leg work to get approvals etc. Amrish gets credit for all of it :)

Oh and it is expensive yes. We had an R-44. Even though it is more money, it can be split between two photographers which ends up being cheaper than a single photographer on an R-22. A third photographer would be screwed as the left side was most of where we wanted the action.
    Thanks for the details. It adds to the appreciation of the pictures. A lot of hard work and effort went into taking these incredible shots. Thanks again

Thanks Max, Mark. It was so much fun though, I am already saving up for another trip up. May be best to just rent a hot air balloon and tether it to the tower and just hang out all day. So much activity 24x7 .
    Manny Gonzalez

Manny were any of these screened by you? Had some come across as a screener in training... unless you were promoted to a regular screener already.

Manny Gonzalez

Awesome sir!!!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Two more:

A few from the high California desert....

From the 2014 Jacqueline Cochran Airshow in Thermal, CA. A great little show, with good access, good planes and good light at the end of the day.
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net