Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hockey is back!!

Hockey is back!!

Well the first two days of the NHL season haven't disappointed despite some of the dumbest new rules in the history of the game. Fighting is up (so far) and the games I've seen have been pretty exciting! I just hope this dumb helmet rule goes away sooner rather than later so things can get back to the way they should be.

The Wings looked pretty strong against the Sabres, but that's not saying much... Should be interesting with the Winged Wheel heading up and down the east coast a lot more than in the past.

While it might not be as popular around here, GO WINGS! (And screw the Pens and Hawks... seriously)

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Cancel the season the Caps will win it all. LETS GO CAPS!!!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

It will be interesting to see how Detroit "screws" the Eastern conference. A decent team who probably could have made it this year to the playoffs will most likely not now due to their move. You hear me Columbus?

My predictions:
    Atlantic top 4 (in no particular order) - Boston, Detroit, Montreal, Toronto

Metropolitan top 4 (in no particular order) - Pittsburgh, New Jersey, New York, Washington

Central top 4 (in no particular order) - Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, Minnesota

Pacific top 4 (in no particular order) - LA, Vancouver, San Jose, Edmonton

Ok, hockey fans, what say you???

It's good to see Patty Roy out of the mental institution that is junior hockey where he was being held. I can't help but picture him and Babcock getting into a fight on the bench if the Wings and Avs were to play more than twice this year. I wonder if everyone's favorite farce of a rules committee will make him wear a helmet on the bench just in case he gets angry and falls off to prevent concussions... On the plus side, hybrid icing should keep players safer in a sane way, it's too bad there isn't enough respect left in the game across the board that it became necessary to implement it though.

I am not convinced the Devils will be in the top four, they've got a bit of rebuilding to do, but it's possible of they come together. I just hope the level of aggression I've seen so far stays up all year.

I agree with Mark. NJ's time has passed man. I'd say the Islanders will take Jerseys place in the top 4. They have a very solid core. If Nabokov stays strong they'll go far.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    Cancel the season the Caps will win it all. LETS GO CAPS!!!
    Had to check the date on this post!! Looked like the same one from previous years!!

Lol the dedication to our losing cause will never wane!
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Just take comfort in the fact that you're not a Lions fan Kenny lol

OSHIE IN SOCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What an amazing game!! What a fantastic ending!! Wow!!!!
    USA USA USA!!!!
    Yeah only a Prelim game but ANYTIME you can beat Russia IN Russia in the Olympics and while Putin is watching, ahhhh you gotta love it!!
    https://vine.co/v/M7j9a7PtvY1

I'm rooting for Russia, mainly because of all the dirt spewing on Russia by NBC and others...
    I'm glad, not all are the same - photos of Sochi 2014 by an american tourist:

http://imgur.com/a/e6hHh
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Russia goes to 2nd shootout today to beat Slovakia 1-0. They have elimiunation game vs Norway Tues.
    US beats Slovenia 5-1 Natural Hat Trick by Phil Kessel, "Backup" goalie Ryan Miller has shutout until :17.6 seconds left.
    Top Seeds are #1 Sweden, #2 USA, #3 Canada and #4 Finland.
    USA will play winner of the Czech-Slovakia (Game Tues) on Wed.

I need to get Roku 3 box and to get channels that I could watch KHL Hockey. I've heard that KHL becoming better and better hockey league - more finesse hockey vs. NHL - grit/power hockey.

As for Olympics hockey, not much is on NBC, maybe will be shown more when play-offs start.
    I don't think, Sweden, Finland could go far, Czech, Canada, Russia, US could go to finals.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Canada is so #NASHTY
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Gintaras all the games so far are on NBCSports, CNBC and USA Network. NBC will do the Gold Medal game and maybe? the semis on Friday!! I've been fortunate to see the games last Thursday, Sat and this morning!! Interesting I DVR'd the USA-Russia game and a little voice told me to record another hour. Thank you voice!!
    Dont count out Finland and definitely not Sweden. Both have world class goalies (Rask & Lundqvist) that can steal games!! Rask almost did that vs Canada today!!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Canada is so #NASHTY
    On the same line with Tavares today!! Still, the D men have more goals than the O men!!