Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hockey is back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    First time since 1981 NY-LA has played against each other in a Final in any of the 4 major sports!! Hard to believe its been that long.
    Yes was listened to the NHL Network in my car over the weekend and they are definitely biased for the West. But as we have seen in these playoffs, don't take anything for granted.
    On a personal level this has been great for me and my boys and from reading and listening to other sports Talk it has been a major bonding time for many other families . In '94 my sons were 6 and 4 years old!! They remember NOTHING!! Both HUGE Ranger fans who have played on HS and Travel hockey teams! On Friday I saw my older son that morning and he gave me a BIG hug!! Said he was crying when they won. Saw my youngest son that night, he of the really nice red playoff beard, and we also hugged it out!! It has been really wonderful.
    On another note, Saturday night my wife and I are flying to Ireland for a week!! This has been my dream vacation for so many years!! Who the @*&^ knew that when we booked it so many months ago the Rangers would be in the FINALS??? LMAO!! Amazing!! Got lots of advise but with games starting 1AM Irish time my only answer is Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! My wife has her iPad so I will update myself in the morning!! If it goes 6/7 I will be home for that!! Maybe my trip will impart some Luck of The Irish on the Broadway Blueshirts!!!
    Whatever...... LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a TRUE Rangers fan would cancel that trip....Schedule your trip after Rangers will win a Lord Stanley Cup....

Tomorrow nite is The Nite....
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    a TRUE Rangers fan would cancel that trip...
    I am and always will be a TRUE Ranger fan, that is something I have NO DOUBT about, but there are things in ones life that will always supercede a sporting event.
    My trip to Ireland is something that has always been a dream of mine!! Journeying to the country of my ancestors!! In the big picture of my life hockey or any sport doesnt come close!! I've experienced the Rangers winning the Stanley Cup, I havent experienced the beauty of Ireland!!

I've experienced Rangers winning The Cup after being in this country just somewhere 2 1/2 years....It was totally WILD !!!. I won't ever forget THAT Game 6 vs, NJ Devils in semis....
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Yes its a few weeks late but just a few thoughts on the Finals!! It was a rough Finals for the Rangers, losing 3 games in OT, two Double OT and being eliminated in 2OT. And they had leads in those games which they blew!! UGH!!
    BUT that being said I am still so very happy for the season and the ride to the Finals was so much fun!! Eliminating hated rivals Philadelphia then Pittsburgh (In Pittsburgh) was AWESOME. Clinching the ride to the Finals at MSG by beating Original 6 team Montreal and winning the Eastern Conference, well that was just wonderful!!
    I do have to say i found myself fortunate not seeing any of the games except Game 1 as I was over in Ireland having the vacation of a lifetime!! I say "fortunate" because I didnt have to put myself through the stress and drama and anxiousness (that is a word isnt it?) of watching the games!! With a 5 hour time difference the games didnt start there till 1AM and for some reason the BBC didn't carry them!! No, I found out the scores in the morning when I woke up!! Groaned and moaned then on to the bus for a day of touring!!
    Proud of my team!! Win or Lose I am with them!! Now we just finished a whirlwind crazy first day of Free agency in the NHL on Monday and a number of changes to the Rangers ands it seems every team in the NHL!! We shall see how 2014-15 pans out but I think the NY Rangers will be back up there battling once again for the Finals!!