Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cedarhurst Park 9/5/13

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I wish that had happened during UN week when all of us were around to show up BEHIND the GF and BF and see how they felt being harassed... muahaha
    Put an external flash on-top and put shutter mode to highest... Right in their faces!
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Sorry you had this confrontation for doing your hobby. I know the feeling as I was harrassed by a TSA guy last week at LGA for taking photos. My day was ruined and I won't return until Kids' Day. I don't understand when you said that the cops recognized you. Did they bother you before? Do you have a press ID? The intoxicated guy should have minded his own business. Unfortunately, people still think that it's illegal to take photos of aircraft from public areas. I always get strange looks even at the beach for photographing jets. I cannot tell you all the times I was humiliated and ordered to leave for taking photos. Don't give-up your hobby for idiots. The public is told if you see something suspicious, report it, so we have problems!
    These are things we are always gonna deal with like it or not. Like said before many still dont understand the hobby of aviation. And to answer your question about how they recognize me, I have mention about our group to them, thats how they were familiar, they didnt come up to me. I went to them, because I felt uncomfortable having some Jack@@#$ taking photos of me without my knowledge along with drinking a beer at the park. The PD didnt gave me a hard time what so ever. They said I was allowed to take photos of planes from there and i was perfectly ok. Citizens anywhere you go are always gonna try to be so called Captain America! Meaning they wanna be heroes. It's part of life. And Im sorry you had the encounter by TSA at LGA, but I wouldn't let it ruin my day. Me I felt uncomfortable what happened that day but I just stayed taking all the shots as I want. Like it all not. Why? because im in a public park. remember what was ruled out a few years ago. 1st Amendment by the supreme court, stating that you can take picture of anything in public property, but as far as people goes. I would think thats disrespectful. Post 9/11 many has changed in peoples minds when it comes to people taking photos of airplanes. People that half of the time see that considered that suspicion now a days.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR View Post
    Citizens anywhere you go are always gonna try to be so called Captain America! Meaning they wanna be heroes.
    George Zimmerman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    George Zimmerman!!
    There you go!! lol
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Nice job, Serg! some day we might educate the ignorant. Hurray for the cops backing us. that's great!
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    Put an external flash on-top and put shutter mode to highest... Right in their faces!
    The external flash I've got for the old Konica-Minolta can fire at something like 100 hZ for strobe effects, it'd have been one hell of a tool for that type of payback!