Thread: LAX 7/27/13-8/1/13 IMAGE HEAVY

LAX 7/27/13-8/1/13 IMAGE HEAVY

I know a bunch of you are headed out West in October to meet up with some of the PHX folks, I'm disappointed I can't join you. But I had to go out there for work last week so I finally got to live the dream myself, if only for a few hours. Unfortunately, someone didn't tell June gloom it and the heat haze were no longer welcome, but it was a blast.

After many years of dreaming about catching this, it was surreal seeing it in person

And finally...always a Happy Ending

nice shots! I like the last one!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Excellent shots William. I miss the Tahiti Nui colors here, and I NEED to get the hobbit plane! Very nice set indeed.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

I have never been in LAX when they operate in the direction where the Thai 777 and LH 747 landed and it looks like you had a good time. How was that in N out burger? Yes October fest either meet up with PHX and NYC spotters and or red flag if there will be one.

Glad you got to live the dream at LAX. Great work. I know too well about June Gloom, but have to make the best of it. You had much better luck than I did try to catch the "Blue Man Group", which I am still after.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by MSN007 View Post
    I have never been in LAX when they operate in the direction where the Thai 777 and LH 747 landed and it looks like you had a good time. How was that in N out burger? Yes October fest either meet up with PHX and NYC spotters and or red flag if there will be one.
    Well, I took the advice of someone, maybe from here but can't remember who(Mark?) about running up Westchester Parkway to where there's a bridge you can get up on to get some elevation, that's where those were taken from. You just have to time your shots right so you don't get any of the lightpoles in front of your planes(and those poles, by the way, of course are extra tall EXACTLY in the area of that bridge- once you walk up the parkway a bit they become about 10 feet shorter, but by then you're not elevated and can't see the field anymore). Other shots were through terminal glass or the glass of the Encounter restaurant, in the Theme building. Also, I avoided Imperial Hill so I could at least have some hope of shots that weren't backlit.

Thanks for the replies everyone. And just so you all know......In N Out tasted like Wendy's. Don't go out there expecting 5 Guys. But I will say, for almost the entire time I was at that park(about 4 hours), the place was PACKED, I mean there was standing room only inside the restaurant and a line of cars out the parking lot to the street to where it was causing a traffic jam. I can't even imagine how crowded it would be on a nice, sunny day. The 18 kids I counted behind the counter were bustin a** the entire time and with smiles on their faces, so kudos to them.

Thats a bunch of great shots, sorry the weather didn't cooperate.

So many of those birds are on my wish list, I've gotta get to LAX soooon!

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    In N Out tasted like Wendy's. Don't go out there expecting 5 Guys.
    Other way around. I don't go to Five Guys because they try too hard (like many other places) to be In N Out. In N Out is far superior.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

inn n out rules, double double animal style !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Great shots William! Glad to see you caught my beloved Thai 77W (love that scheme!). The ANZ 763 is not normal is it? It was all 772 and 77W when I was there.

Great set!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickPeterman View Post
    Great shots William! Glad to see you caught my beloved Thai 77W (love that scheme!). The ANZ 763 is not normal is it? It was all 772 and 77W when I was there.

Great set!

Nick
    Thanks man. Yeah that ANZ 763 was totally unexpected, he had to come through HNL or Guam, maybe it was a charter or something.

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Awesome set William! Looks like you had a great time out there. My fave is that TACA. I just love the color scheme. Been chasing her in NY with no luck so far.
    -Don B.