Thread: DSM-6/12-6/14/2013 Diversion,Frys.com 727,and a Close Call

DSM-6/12-6/14/2013 Diversion,Frys.com 727,and a Close Call

I caught a Virgin America A320 on Wednesday after diverting because of bad weather in Chicago,and on Friday I caught an Airtran 737 from Richmond,VA. flying a charter. The highlight was getting a call about a Fry.com Boeing 727 parked at Signature,so I took my son down to catch it,and after getting my pictures,we headed back to the van just as it started to thunder and lightning. I was texting a friend when lightning struck a concrete pillar on the garage. I knew it hit close,but figured it had hit something across the street,as I was getiing ready to leave I saw a policeman running up towards me,and as I rolled down the window he asked if we were alright. I told him we were fine just as saw my friend driving across the airport headed towards the parking garge. He was calling me to find out if we were okay,I told him we are fine,and headed down the ramp to leave. I guess if you want to scare the airport just be spotting during a thunderstorm.

DSM 6/12/2013 by Doug Lambert, on Flickr

DSM 6/12/2013 by Doug Lambert, on Flickr

DSM 6/14/2013 by Doug Lambert, on Flickr

DSM 6/14/2013 by Doug Lambert, on Flickr

Doug

Doug ..... Nice catch on the Frys 727
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Always good to see another three-holer that is still going strong. Thanks for sharing these Doug.
    -Don B.