Thread: Topic suggestions

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar

Topic suggestions

As an avid spotter and long time aviation enthusiast, I had a couple ideas for new categories on the NYCA Forum.

How about having a topic for "Aviation Memorabilia" (Collecting) and one for "Scale Models" (Kit building and pre-built desk models and die cast) I may be wrong, but I think many spotters share an appreciation and interest in these related areas. I really feel people would use these categories based on the interest level I have seen on social networking sites and related blogs. Or, if you think these topics already fall under an existing category on the forum, please let me know. Thanks!
    -Don B.

We do have a member that has mentioned being into models and memorabilia a few times, but I'm not sure what category he put it in- Speedbird would you care to elaborate

i'm guilty.
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

I'm not surprised you came up with this suggestion Don, after watching your awesome performance on TV a while ago ;) I'm not into memorabilia at all, but I still like to see what others do/have, so I'll support the idea.

I am all for expanded to new forum categories, but we usually would do so once we see that those topics are already becoming very common in the existing categories so that it warrants a new one. At this point I'm not sure if creating a new one alone would generate enough activity to make it practical.

But, feel free to keep starting topics and see how much other people join in doing so and we'll see!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by RomNYC View Post
    I'm not surprised you came up with this suggestion Don, after watching your awesome performance on TV a while ago ;) I'm not into memorabilia at all, but I still like to see what others do/have, so I'll support the idea.
    Thanks Rom!
    -Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I am all for expanded to new forum categories, but we usually would do so once we see that those topics are already becoming very common in the existing categories so that it warrants a new one. At this point I'm not sure if creating a new one alone would generate enough activity to make it practical.

But, feel free to keep starting topics and see how much other people join in doing so and we'll see!
    Sounds good Phil. Thanks
    -Don B.